Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2010, 08:49 AM

Default Access Violation occurred

I'm so frustrated after buying this program, thinking it would benefit me but it has slowed me down if anything. At first, when I installed and ran Pro Tools M Powered Essential after purchasing Pro Tools Vocal Studio, it worked, no problem. But now I'm getting error messages at the launch screen that says
"Could not complete your request because Access violation occurred, unable to write to location: 0x02610000 at address 0x0D0B43A3 in module: maudiousb.dll"

Now i'm not sure if I did anything make this happen. To save hard drive space, I deleted the wav files and sessions I had completed and just kept the final .mp3s. It seems like this is when the problems started happening. HELP! I've tried deleting the preferences manually by deleting the volumes folder, and DAE preferences, but when I went to delete the Digidesign folder under User\appdata there wasn't one. I'm using a M-Audio producer USB mic, and I concluded from the error message, that is part of the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled Pro Tools and the Mic drivers, still no solution. PLEASE DIGIDESIGN TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS!!! This problem is costing me money, time and frustration.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Access Violation occurred

Actually Digi Does tell u How to possibly fix the problem but u obviously posted without reading the forums rules & help stickies they instruct u to read...

WELCOME TO THE DUCZ & not to make light of ur situation but u hav essentials which probably means ur doin a lot of things wrong as far as with|on ur computer so u REALLY wanna go & read the things instructed when u 1st sign up...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Access Violation occurred

Yes I know Essentials is basic but its temporary for my situation. I have an LE system also.

And I've read the troubleshooting manuals and just about everything Digidesign guides you to for my problem and none of the methods have worked. If someone knows how to HELP me and not refer me to another reading that would be appreciated. Its why I signed up, this is was my last hope!!!

My computer seems compatible. I've already recorded a project using the program and it worked great, like a program that was worth the money. But now its just not launching. Is my processor the problem? I read that u should have an intel, mines an AMD. If that was the problem it seems to me that it the program wouldn't have worked in the first place

here's my system info
Pro Tools M-Powered Essentials on a
HP
Compaq Presario CQ50 Notebook PC
AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-70 2.00Ghz
3.00 GB RAM
Windows Vista 32 Bit Service Pack 2