Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2010, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9!

Avid, could you clarify something, you're saying the new iLok comes in the boxed version,

If I buy the Boxed Version of the PT9 HD upgrade for $349, this will come with a new second generation iLok?

Tim
Old 11-04-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Pro Tools 9 with CPTK will give the exact same feature set as HD currently has (minus the hardware advantages/features).

You can put the new auths on a current iLok. There's also a new 'iLok 2' that people can purchase if they choose and which will come in the BOXED version of the upgrade (no download of the software is available for the boxed versions, though.).
Hi, thanks for the reply... but what i am asking is if i have hd i believe i am upgrading the hd software and wondering as it was stated it will run on a laptop exactly the same minus TDM features... i want to know if i buy the HD9 upgrade does this mean i can run it on my studio machine with tdm cards and then take my ilok home and run the same auth to provide me with a way to open my hd sessions on a non tdm computer by installing the hd software and pluggin in the ilok ?.. hope this makes my question clear...
Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

So input monitoring and dynamic voice allocation! so people will buy a native card for $3500 for those 2 features. doubt most people even know what they are

Sorry just can't see native cards being the future now the hardware has been unlocked!!

Chris
The intended audience for this product do. Native/HD was requested by professional studios and post facilities.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 11-04-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syMPh View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply... but what i am asking is if i have hd i believe i am upgrading the hd software and wondering as it was stated it will run on a laptop exactly the same minus TDM features... i want to know if i buy the HD9 upgrade does this mean i can run it on my studio machine with tdm cards and then take my ilok home and run the same auth to provide me with a way to open my hd sessions on a non tdm computer by installing the hd software and pluggin in the ilok ?.. hope this makes my question clear...
Yes. PT9 will work if you have a PT9 or PT9HD iLok asset

There is no "Pro Tools 9 HD" software -- there's just "Pro Tools 9" -- the feature set depends on your iLok assets.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

But they just made a HUGE announcement saying integration with third party manufactures interfaces!! if it doesn't work with those interfaces they've just announced a white elephant. i just can't see the value of a $3500 card when you could just run core audio with prism or apogee.

Chris
Compatibility and best performance are not the same thing. And I already have the OMNI and am REAL glad I do

TH
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Jon Rogut View Post
Yes. PT9 will work if you have a PT9 or PT9HD iLok asset

There is no "Pro Tools 9 HD" software -- there's just "Pro Tools 9" -- the feature set depends on your iLok assets.

Rail
If THAT is true then NO ONE will EVR buy the CPTK bundle for 3Grand incl PT 9 if they can just buy PT 9 HD for $600 and have the same feature as HD...
Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 PM

Will there be an upgrade price discount for those of us who put down $500+ for the MPTK 2 towards PT9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
If you purchase PT 9 you will HAVE to buy COMPLETE PROD TOOLKIT for $2200 to get ADC
May I?

If you purchase PT9 you will HAVE ADC (upto 4096 samples) on ANY hardware, including built-in audio-chip (thru ASIO4ALL or CoreAudio) without anything else.
ADC is a Standard Feature of PT9 now Yes, it is!
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
Avid, could you clarify something, you're saying the new iLok comes in the boxed version,

If I buy the Boxed Version of the PT9 HD upgrade for $349, this will come with a new second generation iLok?

Tim
Yes.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
If THAT is true then NO ONE will EVR buy the CPTK bundle for 3Grand incl PT 9 if they can just buy PT 9 HD for $600 and have the same feature as HD...
HD will only come with HD hardware or, if someone is purchasing an HD upgrade, they have to provide the serial number from the HD card they're purchasing it for.