Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 AM

Default VCA and Spilling on D Command

1. My primary goal is to clean and unclutter my display of tracks that are in groups and controlled by VCAs. However, I want to quickly get to the slaves for tweaking. I was hoping that I would use Custom Faders or Spill to get rapid access to the slaves.

First, I like that I can hide the slaves of a group (by clicking on the group from the Group List) and use the VCA Master to control the group. Obviously, this cleans up the display. However, if I try to spill the the VCA group out on the D Command this doesn't work. I can spill the VCAs as long as I have not hidden the slaves on the display.

2. What does LFE mean when selecting Group Attributes?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 AM

Default Re: VCA and Spilling on D Command

ha..... I just found mtung's previous post on VCA and looked into the excellent responses from Chris and others. There is a preference that allows the custom faders to show hidden tracks and that perfectly solves my question.