Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2002, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Does anyone here not like Pink Floyd? (inspired by The Wall)

Not too big into Hendrix either. ( What suprise! I am sure is what some of you are saying right now.) He has done some amazing stuff with a guitar no doubt, but his songs and lyrics don't do much for me.
I don't know, maybe its a generation gap thing. Maybe I should be "under the influence" while listening to both Hendrix and PF next time. Who knows. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

2+2=5
Old 11-17-2002, 07:36 PM

Mind-expanding! It only 'enters' when you are able to release. It gets down to your frame of reference, biospherically speaking.

I'm afraid today's "pep" heads at a bit too agitated and at the mercy of overwhelming rhythm and naration to mellow suffiently into PF's melody and deep, immersive groove...IMHO.

Soon as 'Pulse' comes out on DVD ... and it's been forever...I'll be there!

If it's remixed for 5.1 it will be the best music DVD in all of creation.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:57 PM

like it, hate it...
who the **** cares?
"i think people who don't like "band xyz" are insane.." Wow, that's rich.
who cares...

yeah, I like Floyd, but not as much as I did 15 years ago, does that make me "a strange person?" they were great in their heyday and now, well, whatever, they're old and grey and yeah, the lightshow is superb, and then what...

arrghhh.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2002, 08:45 PM

What I had written here was just plain goofy...I'm ashamed of myself....must get rest, perhaps a sedative...something...
Old 11-18-2002, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by electrobank:
Not too big into Hendrix either.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">At least you know how to spell his name! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Andi
Old 11-18-2002, 01:17 AM

QUOTE]'Arnold Layne'? 'See Emily Play'? 'Astronomy Dominée'? 'Lucifer Sam'?

If you call this poor songwriting then I can't help you, dude...JMHO [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Andi[/QB][/QUOTE]

Arnold Layne and See Emily Play are two versions of the same song.............well i suppose Van Morrison has been getting away with it for years, so why not Pink Floyd.

Its just opinion, only opinion. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2002, 02:57 AM

I readily admit that I have absolutely nothing to add to a Pink Floyd discussion. But I will comment on this
Quote:
Not too big into Hendrix either. ( What suprise! I am sure is what some of you are saying right now.) He has done some amazing stuff with a guitar no doubt, but his songs and lyrics don't do much for me.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As a guitarist I never liked hendrix much either. He always sounded kinda sloppy to me, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Then I heard his blues album and he won me over. Very cool stuff. I also like some of his ballads 'Wind Cries Mary' 'Little Wing' and 'Castles made of sand' come to mind... Fun stuff to play as well. I'm young too so I realize that I wasn't there when these and other "Rock Legends" changed music history. And subsequently will never see them in the same light as older folk, but you still gotta respect the game. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]