Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2018, 06:35 PM

Default Pro Tools 11.3.1 doesn't recognize my Motu 112D AVB interface

Update: For whatever dumb reason Pro Tools wouldn't have anything to do with this Motu interface until I installed the junky free daw that Motu has, Audio Desk. The whole experience felt like something wasn't installed all the way. I could see the Motu on my system, route audio internally, and windows could see it and play through it. When I installed the Audio Desk software it asked me to configure the asio driver after giving an error. Once I did that it seemed to open the Audio Desk software. I closed the Audio desk software and relaunched pro tools. This time it didn't give an error code and I could see the interface under Hardware and Playback engine. It took a bit of fiddling with the driver but I eventually got it going. I uninstalled audio desk after that.

Leading up to this I uninstalled Pro Tools and reinstalled it just in case there was something about the other interface that was messing with the setup. It wasn't until I did the Audio Desk install that I saw any meaningful change in the way things were going. If someone else has this issue, I hope they find this. I was seriously frustrated finding nothing and just guessing to try that Audio Desk install.

Original Post:
The motu is talking to all my digital hardware. I can play windows media player and get signal out of the motu. When I launch Pro Tools it will get to the initializing audio engine part and then gives me an error and closes. If I Launch with the M key held down I can get to the Pro Tools GUI but when I select Playback Engine or Hardware it just gives me the same error in a popup window.

"Could not complete your request because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0000000100000011."

I'm stumped and I can't find anything on google. It is supposed to be compatible.

Pro Tools 11.3.1 - Asus X299 TUF Mark 1 | i7 7820x | 16 gigs RAM | Win10/64 | Radeon 3100 GPU
Apogee AD/DA16x -> Tascam DM4800 -> Motu 112d via Thunderbolt

Last edited by BillytheB; 09-01-2018 at 09:18 PM. Reason: added system info