Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 AM

Default Problem with Digidelivery client on one Mac

I have 2.1.1 client installed on several different Macs and all work fine except one. The problematic one starts fine, but after a while either the DD client quits, becomes unresponsive, or just never completes the delivery. This occurs both to the local DD server (ie on the same local network) or to external servers. The Mac is an Intel running the latest version of Leopard (ie. not Snow Leopard) on a Gb network and all other network traffic seems fine to and from this machine. I've tried deleting the Digidelivery directory & reinstalling the DD client, but the problem still occurs. Occasionally the delivery will succeed, but more ofthen than not it fails. If the files are copied to another Mac the delivery is then sent fine from that machine.

Any ideas what might be causing this or what to try to get the DD client to work reliably?

Thanks,

Phill.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Problem with Digidelivery client on one Mac

OK, make that two clients refusing to reliably connect now. I can't think of anything that's changed, or anything that's different between those Macs that the Digidelivery client is reliable on and those that its not. I guess though I'm assuming its a networking thing when it might just be the clients failing internally for some reason. All network transfers between machines works fine and reliably across the gigabit lan, this onlyt seems to affect Digidelivery.