Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2016, 03:42 PM

Default I/O issues and distortion!?

Hey guys! Im not very experienced with PT, just use the basic controls to record my husbands music....
Right now we are running PT 10 with our MBOX2, one microphone in and going out to headphones. PT went from working perfectly to not letting us record in one day. All of a sudden it was giving me IO errors, and not letting me record, then it records but its very glitchy and distorted. Then there was a B on the record button on the track line.. now the B is gone, and I did a ton of things to the IO settings (off other threads on here) and it will record, but it is fuzzy in the background and glitch during playback...
Any ideas??
Ive reset all Input/Output/Bus setups and put to default. Ive changed the main output to MBox (it was something else before when it wasn't working) Ive lowered the latency and heightened the buffering.
Now the IO settings on the tracks are mbox labeled (before I started messing around with IO settings it was just in 1 2 or out 1 2 ...)
Im so confused!!
MBOX2

Old 08-26-2016, 04:49 PM

Default Re: I/O issues and distortion!?

Not sure if this could be part of the problem, but PT10 is not supported on Windows XP, it was only supported from Windows 7 on. How did you get PT10 to install and where did you find an Mbox 2 driver for Windows XP?
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 08-26-2016, 05:54 PM

Perhaps its Windows Vista? Im sorry Im not at home at the moment to double check.. When a friend updated our computer and fixed it up last year they put on this version of PT as a present, however we have never had internet on this computer to update the program or to dl any plug-ins etc. so its just the basic program running since he installed it...
I will have to double check all my specs tonight and will repost more information tomorrow when I get to work!

However... I have been using this program for about a year now as is, and never had this problem before... Its done a couple glitchy things (like freezing or not allowing record) but anytime I restart the computer and reopen the session, everything is fine. Never had the fuzzy sound like this.. it sounds almost as if the radio is not quite on the station... fuzzy and skippy!
MBOX2

Old 08-26-2016, 05:55 PM

And I believe we purchased the MBox like 5 years ago, installed it once, and just go with it from there! I don't know anything about the drivers or interfaces or all these things!
MBOX2

Old 08-26-2016, 07:32 PM

Your friend put that version on as a "present"...so I have to ask, are you using an iLok with a PT10 asset on it?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-27-2016, 09:43 AM

Another good question ^^^^
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction