Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2016, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Fast Track Pro out of order after last driver update

Hey everyone, I've got the same problem. I updated the firmware 2 months ago, and I started having dropouts, getting bluescreens, and the playback stops even though in my control panel's sound settings, my DAW, winamp and so on... the audio meters are working and showing that there is audio coming out from the device, there's no sound on my output. I tried reinstalling the drivers, and as I saw in one of the old posts, I deleted the drivers for my network adapters, but that didn't help as well.
Cannot work/playback, with the device for more than 10 minutes without it crashing down.
If anyone found a solution other than buying a new audio interface, please post.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:00 AM

Hello, I have the same problem scratch sound and static noise etc.. At first I thought it was my ram or 450psu. And so I use generic adaptor 12 - 3volts, and all of a sudden I can't hear any scratch sound at all. So I'm using adaptor to supply the power of my FTP and at the same time it is connected to my pc (usb), so basically it is still working for me.

I'm using windows 8.1 Pro, 8gig ram.

Hope I help you guys! Thanks!

Last edited by Badang; 03-03-2016 at 07:22 AM. Reason: to help them
Old 03-03-2016, 07:07 AM

So as of now I would like to update about my FTP. The universal adaptor 12 - 3volts is working for me as of now, I never heard distorted sounds at all. By the way, I'm using the latest driver 2016. I want you guys to try this method, I think to be honest as I observed maybe the latest firmware is more of power consumption to the pc or laptop, that is why it is having distorted or scratchy sound. Please let me know if your FTP is working with my method.. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:28 AM

I didn't use the external power supply, but I did install the v6.1.11 driver (on Windows 10 Pro x64) and chose the repair option when installing (the only option offered). I have been using the Fast Track Pro now for 40 minutes already and it seems to function okay again.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badang View Post
So as of now I would like to update about my FTP. The universal adaptor 12 - 3volts is working for me as of now, I never heard distorted sounds at all. By the way, I'm using the latest driver 2016. I want you guys to try this method, I think to be honest as I observed maybe the latest firmware is more of power consumption to the pc or laptop, that is why it is having distorted or scratchy sound. Please let me know if your FTP is working with my method.. Thanks!
Adapter 12-3volts = 12 volts 3 Amp ??? My FTP not working pleas. Help to me (((
Old 08-03-2016, 10:58 AM

Default Fast Track Pro out of order after last driver update

Not usually an adapter usually goes from lowest to highest

So 3-12vdc and then Amps would be separate 0.5-1.2 A or could be 500-1200 m/A

I just bought a new adaptor for a Fast Track Ultra on eBay the other day....$7
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:11 PM

this is true!... )))

Thank you so much!
SOLVED !!!
My English is bad and got help from google hahahaa ...
I have MacBookPro 2015 and updated firmware to the latest version , my FTP damaged, low volume , distortion , clips ...

first test : I installed Win7 last driver without fixing the problem.

Second test , I found two adapters 12 ( 3.5Amp and 1,5Amp ) but the problem without solution , resigned to buying another interface tried once more with 12-volt adapter 1.5 Amp and nothing! so I thought ! " I'm using a condenser microphone ... and if I test a dynamic microphone ? " with adapter 12 Volt 1.5 Amp without connecting the USB cable and dynamic microphone (cable three pins ) and everything he went back to normal! my FTP functions as the first day and with the latest firmware . now do not need the adapter, just connect the USB cable and go!

Muchas Gracias!
Solucionado!!!

Yo tengo MacBookPro 2015 y actualicé firmware a la ultima versión, mi FTP se dañó, bajo volumen, distorción, clips...

primera prueba: Instalé en Win7 último driver sin arreglar el problema.

Segunda prueba, encontré dos adaptadores de 12 (3.5Amp y 1,5Amp) pero el problema sin solución, resignado a comprar otra interfaz probé una vez mas con el adaptador de 12 voltios 1,5 Amp y nada! entonces pensé! "estoy usando un micrófono de condensador... y si pruebo un micrófono dinámico ?" con el adaptador de 12 Voltios 1,5 Amp sin conectar el cable usb y el micrófono dinámico (cable de tres pines) y todo volvió a la normalidad! mi FTP funciona como el primer dia y con el ultimo firmware. ahora no necesita el adaptador, solo conectar al cable usb y listo!
Old 08-03-2016, 07:45 PM

Que bueno se resolvió
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:34 PM

Soyleo nice to know!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyleo View Post
this is true!... )))

Thank you so much!
SOLVED !!!
My English is bad and got help from google hahahaa ...
I have MacBookPro 2015 and updated firmware to the latest version , my FTP damaged, low volume , distortion , clips ...

first test : I installed Win7 last driver without fixing the problem.

Second test , I found two adapters 12 ( 3.5Amp and 1,5Amp ) but the problem without solution , resigned to buying another interface tried once more with 12-volt adapter 1.5 Amp and nothing! so I thought ! " I'm using a condenser microphone ... and if I test a dynamic microphone ? " with adapter 12 Volt 1.5 Amp without connecting the USB cable and dynamic microphone (cable three pins ) and everything he went back to normal! my FTP functions as the first day and with the latest firmware . now do not need the adapter, just connect the USB cable and go!

Muchas Gracias!
Solucionado!!!

Yo tengo MacBookPro 2015 y actualicé firmware a la ultima versión, mi FTP se dañó, bajo volumen, distorción, clips...

primera prueba: Instalé en Win7 último driver sin arreglar el problema.

Segunda prueba, encontré dos adaptadores de 12 (3.5Amp y 1,5Amp) pero el problema sin solución, resignado a comprar otra interfaz probé una vez mas con el adaptador de 12 voltios 1,5 Amp y nada! entonces pensé! "estoy usando un micrófono de condensador... y si pruebo un micrófono dinámico ?" con el adaptador de 12 Voltios 1,5 Amp sin conectar el cable usb y el micrófono dinámico (cable de tres pines) y todo volvió a la normalidad! mi FTP funciona como el primer dia y con el ultimo firmware. ahora no necesita el adaptador, solo conectar al cable usb y listo!
I'm using 12 - 3 volts with 1000ma this is universal adapter.. I'm happy you find something that fixed your FTP.