Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2008, 05:55 PM

Default ProTools 8 - Input Monitoring "Off"

Will there be an option to turn Input Monitoring off completely in PT8?

The reason being, with true hardware monitoring from the M-Audio devices, there is no reason to still hear PTs output of that very same input. You get this delay (yes it is noticeable) because you hear the hardware monitoring first, then PT monitoring.

Another example is if you have an outboard mixer with cue's set up. The singer can already hear themselves, why do they have to hear themselves twice?

Maybe I didn't RTFM enough, but I've been over it and over it, and don't see a way other than to buy a 002 or 003 and use low latency.

This isn't a problem in the HD world, so no issues there, but for on location recording with the mobile rig, this becomes a bit of a problem, having to mute tracks as you record them.

Does anyone have a slick solution they use for this?