Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 PM

Default Avid Master Account: How do I…

…change my email address in my Avid account?

I've just switched ISPs, and while I had no problem updating my email address here on the forum, it doesn't appear possible to change it in my Avid account. Under Update Profile, the email address is not a field I can type in.

And it doesn't look like it's particularly straightforward to contact Avid about it, which is why I posted it here.

If anyone can give me any advice here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Gary
Finale 26.3.1
Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Avid

Post Re: Avid Master Account: How do I…

For account assistance it's probably best to start a Registration Help case.

JC
Old 06-26-2013, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Avid Master Account: How do I…

Well, I sent them a message using the form. Hopefully, they'll be able to make the change for me.

Thanks for the info.

GT
Finale 26.3.1
Old 07-23-2013, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Avid Master Account: How do I…

Update:

Angelica emailed me to tell me that my email address has been changed to the correct one.

It still doesn't look like you can change your own user name (though the FAQ imply that you can), but it's nice to know that at least Avid can make the change now…
Finale 26.3.1
Old 02-22-2016, 09:11 AM

Default Avid account email change

I am trying to change my Avid master account email address to no avail. I've tried calling support, but unless I have a system ID, I can't get through. I originally purchased an academic version of Pro Tools 10. I don't know where is it that one finds the system id.

Anyhow, I graduated school and since I opened my Avid account using my college email, I am hoping to change it as I no longer have access to said account.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Avid account email change

Welcome to the community.

Looks like Raff is assisting via support case so please watch your email and reply there as needed. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2016, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Avid account email change

Thanks! He was able to help me!
Old 07-20-2016, 03:44 AM

Default How to Change Avid Master Account email Adress?

Hey there!

I'm new to the forum and basically because I have this issue obove. Though changing your password in the Avid Master account is very easy I see no option changing the Account's email address.

Can anyone please help me?
Thanks in advance!
Best
Stefan
Old 07-20-2016, 03:50 AM

Default Re: How to Change Avid Master Account email Adress?

Hi Stefan and Welcome to the Community

I escalated this to Avid CS, but the following Knowledge Base article provides the info & link you'd need:
avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/All-About-The-Avid-Master-Account#ChangeEmail

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-20-2016, 06:07 AM

Default Re: How to Change Avid Master Account email Adress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_UdK View Post
I see no option changing the Account's email address.
http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2159278&postcount=2
Need to change my email address
From Avid Customer Support:
If you need to change your email address on your Avid Account, please contact us through our registration case page here:
http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation
In the question box, please enter "Avid Account Email". Then enter your remaining information.
Please include any and all details that may help in assisting you, including your name, address, and any previous email addresses you may have used.

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2116615&postcount=8
AVID - PLEASE HELP! How do I change my Master Account's email address?
… the stumbling block with the online form was the field marked "serial number or activation ID"
A balloon pops-up asking for one of these items or your ASC code. We do not have an active Avid Service Contract, and attempting to leave the field blank halts the process.
However, the workaround came with finally typing "not applicable" - with that we could proceed and submit.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!