Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-13-2009, 12:39 PM

Default Core Audio on Snow Leopard

I am running PTHD 8.01 on Mac OSX 10.6.1
Protools appears to be running with no problems (i realize SL is still officially unsupported)

However, I cannot get Core Audio to work... has anybody been able to get it working? Thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Core Audio on Snow Leopard

I've had real problems with PT crashing Snow Leopard. I think it has something to do with CoreAudio. Before I install protools, my new laptop rocks my socks. As soon as I install PT (LE) crashing galore. Won't quit out without crashing. Can't open system prefs without crashing. It pretty much strangles my whole system.
IMDB
Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 AM

uhmmm, this might sound crazy so bear with me........

maybe wait for the SL version to be released?? Just a thought.

unless of course you just like to tinker..

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 AM

I can get PEAK 6 to play through Digi Core Audio but I cannot get Digi Core Audio to appear in my Audio Midi Setup and use it with iTunes. But then again PT and Digi Core Audio has not been deemed compatible with SL just yet.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:12 AM

I am using an iMac 7,1 with Mbox 1. I can get reason 4 to use the core audio driver and produce sound through my monitors. Pro tools works, makes use of my monitors for sound, but does not turn the core audio driver on. Itunes just plays through my built-in imac speakers, and 10.6 does not recognize my mbox.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:07 PM

Hi all,

My Logic 9 works fine with Snow Leopard and boots up Digi Coreaudio Manager 7.4.2 so I hear can it through my monitors but I'm in the same boat as everyone else when it comes to iTunes etc.. In my audio/midi setup my original Mbox isn't recognized.

But, if anyone is interested, you can still play music from your iTunes library through your Mbox using VLC, the video player. You just have to find the particular songs on your harddrive and drag them into the VLC playlist and then in the "Audio" dropdown menu in VLC, just change the audio device to Digidesign Mbox. It's a bit of a hassle but it works.

Cheers,
Old 03-06-2010, 10:40 AM

Hi everybody,

After having issues with no versions of "DigiCore Audio Manager" available for Snow Leopard 10.6.2., I just downloaded CoreAudio 7.4.2 there http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...id=49904&eid=0 and it works pretty well as standalone with iTunes playing sounds.

Cheers

NikoNewYork