Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-12-2005, 09:15 PM

Default To: Wolfgang & others- New thread, need input....

Here is the end result if you try to get out of Waves plug-ins- it's gonna cost ya!!!

...or the alternative, keep buying and upgrading their plug-ins and the WUP- it's gonna cost ya!!!

*****READ NOW- While You Can- Waves is gonna cost ya, one way or the other

*****New Thread, Need Input HERE******
Old 03-13-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: To: Wolfgang and many others... VERY Interesti

Hi Keith

I knew it is to costy to sell the Waves plugs so I was thinking about to renew my Wup in summer but your post wake me up again.

No money to Waves anymore. It´s not worth the money.

All together: IT´S NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

Really, the only plugins I´m using is L1, L2.
For all the rest I got way better substitutions which, I have to admit, are more expensive but if you take in acount that you have the annual WUP fee plus the upgrade costs for the newest bundles to get the last plugs (you remember the days when Waves sold their Gold bundle as the "all we have bundle" and starting side bundles like master and surround a.s.o?) you will get the better plugs and a way better support for the same price in the end.

Let´s repeat: IT´S NOT WORTH THE MONEY.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:42 AM

I have a couple of the early renaissance collections with about 6 or 7 of their plugs and recently I wanted to demo a bunch of others before buying them. Perfectly normal I thought so I downloaded the diamond demo and noticed you cant seem to demo any others if you already have some installed (or if you can I couldnt work out how to do it). Weird, it does seem to me that Waves are doing their best to make things difficult for legit owners while 'un-legit' owners get everything hassle free. They really need to bring down their prices across the board (especially for TDM), make the copy protection absolutely transparent and hassle free and get rid of all this Wup crap and do what McDSP and others do and make upgrades free until there's a major feature improvement. Rant over, peace and goodwill to Waves and all.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:35 AM

there are posts about waves wup program all over the internet. all bad! not their plugins they are great and it is very hard to run a studio without them...that is how they get away with the wup program. i had to finally purchase my wup to move to the new version.5.since then there has not been one update fixing any bugs...i guess they will come along about the time my wup has run out... it is sort of like health insurance for your plugs..only they don't cover any of the problems...mcdsp is a company that everyone loves..because they really care abouth the people and the music they create..you own the license that you purchased and not to be able to sell it (property you purchased) is just wrong..we need to keep talking about this..or other companies will see just how far they can go and we will all pay for it.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:53 AM

waves stuff is overrated and ther are better one-offs in EVERY category. they are hyped and not worth tolerating just cause some pimple-faced rocker wants their logo plugs. educate that punk about what will sound better. diamond bundle for 5 grand by golly...its ludicrous (or ludacris). I use mc dsp, MDW, antares, drawmer and UAD among others with more tolerant upgrades.

Da-nick-str = Nick Dellos
Old 03-13-2005, 07:08 AM

My $440 Waves bundle now costs $263 for Wun year Uf suPport. I'd be better off to just re-purchase the bundle every two years.

Thank goodness I didn't get in too deep. I enjoyed the plugs while I had them, but can't justify that kind of support cost.

Part of my life, I do Pro Audio sales, and I only recommend Waves to the really rude customers.

Ray
Old 03-13-2005, 10:14 AM

Hey Wolf, just think, my Waves stuff was only the Native Bundles- double everything on your end (TDM)

...one thing IS sure though, once I rennovate my studio, upgrade to HD Accel, and selectively buy my new "toys", I know a company that won't EVER get any more of my hard earned money!!!

And believe it or not, It kills me to say that. I love their plug-ins...oh well, life goes on...

Oh yeah, someone mentioned Antares?, I hope you have contacts there also- I've a boxed version of Auto- tune that sits in the corner here- they won't let me sell it...
Old 03-13-2005, 10:36 AM

Quote:
...Part of my life, I do Pro Audio sales, and I only recommend Waves to the really rude customers.

Ray

I use to contract CAD services. One software company had a $1500-/yr maintenance fee for updates (if they created an update that year or not!). This went on for 2 years. I had 3 different legal software packages for different contracts. I never broke even on that particular package even though I was able to purchase the original package at a hell of a discount.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:41 PM

Gimmie a break all y'all! The Waves stuff is great. It's a little on the pricey side... OK.

But if you are just doin' this as a hobby, maybe you SHOULD use some other brand of product. If you're making money for doin' what you do, then the Waves stuff is just part of the cost of doin' business.

It's exactly like gettin' a computer and thinking it's the last computer you will ever buy. These days everyone gets a new computer every two or three years if they need to run the latest greatest to pull in the clients and to work as quickly as possible. Waves gets a chunk of money from me every two or three years and I'm happy to give it to 'em.

Sure... I know a couple guys who still have their original PT setup because it still edits audio. That's great. They are making money from that system.

But I'm really tired of hearing people slag the Waves stuff because of the price. Hey... stop stealing it and maybe the price will line up some day. But if you are making any money at all from using this stuff... it's not too expensive to use.

I like the way it works. I like the customer service I get from 'em. (No I don't work for them and am not having a sexual relationship with anyone who work there... as far as I know anyway...) The stuff sounds great.

F***in' give them the money and use their stuff or shut up and don't use it. Please. Thank you.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Gimmie a break all y'all! The Waves stuff is great. It's a little on the pricey side... OK.

But if you are just doin' this as a hobby, maybe you SHOULD use some other brand of product. If you're making money for doin' what you do, then the Waves stuff is just part of the cost of doin' business.

It's exactly like gettin' a computer and thinking it's the last computer you will ever buy. These days everyone gets a new computer every two or three years if they need to run the latest greatest to pull in the clients and to work as quickly as possible. Waves gets a chunk of money from me every two or three years and I'm happy to give it to 'em.

Sure... I know a couple guys who still have their original PT setup because it still edits audio. That's great. They are making money from that system.

But I'm really tired of hearing people slag the Waves stuff because of the price. Hey... stop stealing it and maybe the price will line up some day. But if you are making any money at all from using this stuff... it's not too expensive to use.

I like the way it works. I like the customer service I get from 'em. (No I don't work for them and am not having a sexual relationship with anyone who work there... as far as I know anyway...) The stuff sounds great.

F***in' give them the money and use their stuff or shut up and don't use it. Please. Thank you.

stridex, I see you have a big 29 posts here...hmmm?

..and your so intelligent that you think the post is about not affording the plug-ins...hmmm

Folks, some idiots around here need to learn to read and or comprehend the subject or please don't post at all.

BTW, I'll buy you and your studio

I just read your 29 posts, all you have done since being here is complain, complain, and complain. Any more smart*** remarks from you, and I will report you to the webmaster. You are now being ignored at this time- though I do accept apologies