Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM

Default Digi - Is this possible?

Hey Guys,

Is there a way to automate a plug-in so that it can be made inactive rather than bypassed?

Strange request I know.

Regards

John
Old 08-29-2008, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Digi - Is this possible?

control/apple/click at insertion point

uninstantiate.

automate.....hmmmm not sure about that.

it isn't on the automation list of my plugins

Old 08-29-2008, 09:28 PM

i think u want to preserve DSP power for this feature.. But in TDM when u uninstantiate it, the audio is mute out for a second. why not u process that region with audisuite..
Old 08-29-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Edwards UK View Post
Is there a way to automate a plug-in so that it can be made inactive rather than bypassed?

Strange request I know.
To expand on Jimi’s response…

no, ProTools does not offer “inactivity” automation. However, one could achieve that by way of using a macro utility such as QuicKeys. Keep in mind that, while the transport won’t stop during the execution of the command, the latter always causes an interruption to the flow of audio through the system, albeit a relatively brief one.

IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 08-31-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Edwards UK View Post
Hey Guys,

Strange request I know.

Regards

John
automate : NO.

work around:

duplicate the playlist on the track in question. process with Audio SUite on either of them and keep the other. Now command-shift click the tdm plug. This way you will free resources and keep the original track right below or above
Old 08-31-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
automate : NO.

work around:

duplicate the playlist on the track in question. process with Audio SUite on either of them and keep the other. Now command-shift click the tdm plug. This way you will free resources and keep the original track right below or above
Yup.
Or copy paste the audio onto another track and simply automate the mute/un-mute when you have to.