Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 AM

Default Remove 1 Track From Group?

Hi there.

Is there a way for me to remove a single track from a group of tracks - leaving the original group intact (minus the track I separated) in PT 8?

Thanks,

Sparky1
Old 02-15-2009, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Remove 1 Track From Group?

click on the group name on the bottom left hand corner of your edit or mix window. a menu will appear. click on 'modify'. then a screen will pop up which tells you what tracks are in the group. then there are 'add' and 'remove' icons in the middle of that screen. highlight the track you want removed and click 'remove'.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:31 PM

i forgot to mention that when you click on the group name, you have to hold down the mouse when you click (ie., don't just click it quickly or all it will do is highlight or unhighlight it). that will bring up the menu with the 'modify' option.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:50 PM

Thanks grubbgto!

I noticed that works well when modifying an additional group - but the group I'm actually trying to edit says "all" - and comes up as a default - it doesn't give me the options you suggest when I try to modify the group. The only options available are things like whether I want the groups in the mix window etc...

Sparky1
Old 02-15-2009, 01:02 PM

Cool Re: Remove 1 Track From Group?

I hate in the "al"l group that the master fader is grouped too, I like, like many others, the master at 0.:)
Old 02-15-2009, 01:07 PM

ah, well you don't want to modify the 'ALL' group (in most circumstances, anyway).

you need to establish new groups.
to do this, you need to do the following:

for instance, if you want to have drums only in one group, highlight the tracks you want in one group (ie., kick, snare, overheads, etc.)
you do this by selecting/highlighting the name of each desired track, holding down the 'apple' key and clicking on all the tracks you want in one group (ie., drums for instance). once all the tracks are highlighted (now the names are in 'white' and not 'grey').
then do this command... "apple, G" that will bring up a 'create group' screen. you then title your group. if you need to make changes from there, do as i said above.

you should have the "ALL" group un-selected at all times unless you want to make huge moves with every track in your session.

best,
cg
Old 02-15-2009, 01:09 PM

Got it - Thanks!

Sparky1