Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2017, 11:26 AM
IK Multimedia

Default ARC System 2.5 with MEMS microphone coming soon

ARC System 2.5 with MEMS microphone coming soon

The advanced room correction system now featuring a new ultra-precise MEMS microphone

IK is proud to announce the new ARC System 2.5 with MEMS microphone, which will be available for shipping in July 2017. ARC 2.5 is the only acoustic correction system that combines a highly accurate MEMS measurement microphone, measurement software along with an audio correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution.

The new ultra-accurate MEMS measurement microphone works together with the room correction software to achieve greater correction accuracy than ever before with a precision of +/- 0.5 dB, (previous ARC microphones will also be supported.) IK is the leader in MEMS technology for audio applications and manufactures the microphone in Italy with an omnidirectional type capsule that ensures maximum response accuracy and stability over time, in contrast to standard condenser measurement microphones which can exhibit frequency response variations from manufacturing or with age.

ARC System 2.5 with MEMS microphone works by measuring your room using the included MEMS measurement microphone and measurement software and then generates an algorithm to provide a correction of your room’s acoustic problems that you can apply to your mix using the included plug-in. You can record and mix with confidence knowing that what you hear from your speakers is a faithful representation of how your music will translate to the outside world.

Since 2007, IK Multimedia’s ARC System has been leading the way in terms of true affordability and professional reliability. With literally thousands of users worldwide, from music enthusiasts and independent producers to studio and acoustic engineers, ARC has become an absolute industry standard that continues to amaze for its ease of use and unquestionable effectiveness.

Pricing and availability
ARC 2.5 with MEMS microphone will be available in July 2017. Current ARC 2 users can upgrade to software version 2.5 for free (Mac/PC), for added compatibility with the new MEMS microphone model whereas ARC 1 and ARC TDM users can upgrade their software for as low as $/€ 49.99*.

Anyone who would like a new boxed version of ARC 2.5 with MEMS microphone and have previously purchased any IK product of a minimum value of $/€ 99.99* can take advantage of a special cross-grade price of only $/€ 149.99* instead of the regular pricing $/€ 199.99*

The MEMS measurement microphone can be purchased separately at $/€ 69.99*

Learn more about ARC 2.5 with MEMS microphone:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/arc

* All prices excluding taxes. Audyssey, Audyssey MultEQ XT 32 are registered trademarks property of Audyssey Laboratories Inc. used under license.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 AM

Default Re: ARC System 2.5 with MEMS microphone coming soon

Has there been any improvements made to the software and do previous owners get to update the software, at least??
Old 06-29-2017, 10:12 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Has there been any improvements made to the software and do previous owners get to update the software, at least??
The software update is free for current registered ARC System 2 users, and is for compatibility with the new mic per the post above:
Quote:
Current ARC 2 users can upgrade to software version 2.5 for free (Mac/PC), for added compatibility with the new MEMS microphone model whereas ARC 1 and ARC TDM users can upgrade their software for as low as $/€ 49.99*
Old 06-29-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
The software update is free for current registered ARC System 2 users, and is for compatibility with the new mic per the post above:

How much is just the mic, I am already a ARC 2 registered user

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 06-29-2017, 02:40 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
How much is just the mic, I am already a ARC 2 registered user
Quote:
The MEMS measurement microphone can be purchased separately at $/€ 69.99*
Old 06-29-2017, 11:37 PM

Has the bug been fixed where ARC2 "forgets" the loaded measurement file, running without any measurement until it is re-selected?
FaceBook
MySpace
Old 06-30-2017, 07:30 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
Has the bug been fixed where ARC2 "forgets" the loaded measurement file, running without any measurement until it is re-selected?
If you are experiencing an issue I'm sure IK Support can assist and give any status if there is a global issue to fix. If you have a ticket open please reply to it and they'll gladly give a proper status, and if you have not opened a ticket you can do so at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ Thanks!
Old 08-09-2017, 05:47 AM

I think he means when you close and reopen the session the plugin does not load the measurement file and so there is no correction until you select the plugin. This seems to remain in version 2.5.

Other news, I ordered my MEMS mic last Friday August 4th and as of this morning no action seems to have taken place. Not sure why 3-5 business days to ship an order but if you guys want it fast it won't happen so don't worry about one day or two day shipping.
UAD Apollo X8P With an extra 8 channel ADAT using
a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
UAD Twin duo
UAD TB3 Octo Satelite
Focal Twin Be monitors
samsung T5 and Gdrive
Old 08-09-2017, 11:43 AM
IK Multimedia

Any issue that you are having with the update should be logged with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ (or reply to a ticket if you already have one opened for the issue) as there were some issues that were fixed with this update. Support will have more detailed information and can troubleshoot with you to get your issue resolved.

I know that others have received their MEMS microphones so if you would like to shoot me your order number via PM I can have someone take a look to see what is going on with your particular order. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2017, 01:50 PM

Pm'd. Glad to the mics are going out. Can't wait to get it and try. The new update and mic came at a great time. I just update all my other software. I have a lot of great IK products and plugs And use them often.
UAD Apollo X8P With an extra 8 channel ADAT using
a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
UAD Twin duo
UAD TB3 Octo Satelite
Focal Twin Be monitors
samsung T5 and Gdrive