Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Mac OS X

Old 04-20-2014, 02:34 PM

Default error: missing ilok authorization for pro tools... please insert the necessary ilok.

Hello,
i have mack mini with latest updated operational system.
im new user of protools... means i would like to use this till now is not possible.
i have M-Track M-Audio interface like this one:
http://www.m-audio.com/images/global...rtho_Media.jpg
in packake i get the new ILok with the protools licence. the salesman told me that before i install the software is better to see the turtotial from avid web page i did that. Now i have error like in the topic please see below the scren shoot:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-i...419_001528.jpg

i use new updated ILok manager, protolls from attached dvd..

Did any one have idea about sollution??
regards
Witold
Old 04-21-2014, 03:59 AM

Default Re: error: missing ilok authorization for pro tools... please insert the necessary il

We need more info.
What version of OSX are you using and don't just say latest updated version.

What version of Pro Tools are you using? There are two current versions - PT10 and PT11 and you can have both on the same machine. You're going to have to download the latest version of whichever version of PT you are using because anything that came on the dvd is severely out of date.
Have you created an iLok account? You really need to do that first before doing anything with PT.

Have you created an Avid account? You need that as well so you can register your purchase and when that happens the license asset will be sent to iLok.com and then you go to the iLok site and download/sync your iLok with the account.

Do you have the iLok plugged into your computer? It has to be plugged in at all times when running PT.

QAPLA!