Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2014, 07:15 PM

Default Win 8 & Pro tools 8.0.1

I'm a long time user of the 11R, happy with the product , unhappy they let the product die though .

Anyway, I just upgraded to Win 8 the other day, was getting too far behind and I just want to know if it's possible to run Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 on the Windows 8 OS. I just used the installation disks I got way back when, and it seemed to install OK, seemed, but when I try to run the program it freezes when loading the "structure.dpm" plugin?

So if anyone can give me advice on this matter it will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou and Regards.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 12-05-2014, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Win 8 & Pro tools 8.0.1

Hey buddy, haven't seen you posting here lately, hope all is well.

In case you are not aware, you can upgrade from PT LE to Pro Tools 11 for only $199! This also includes the new support contract and it will cover you for support and ALL upgrades until March 2016!

Even if you choose not to continue the support plan after that, at least you will have a 64 bit version of Pro Tools that will work on modern PC's.

Not sure if you are using Windows 8 32 bit or 64 bit, but you DO need a 64 bit OS for Pro Tools 11. However, if you go ahead and upgrade, you also get a Pro Tools 10 license which is still 32 bit.

The only catch is that this deal expires December 31st 2014, after that I have no idea if upgrades from LE, MP, or EX will be available, and if they are, I don't know what the price will be, Avid has not said.

So keep that in mind. It's never been cheaper for LE, MP and EX guys to get on the latest version of Pro Tools. You will need an iLok 2 as well.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/pro-...ware#licensing

To answer your question, I did get PT LE8 installed on Windows 8 (not Windows 8.1) just as a test. It may or may not work for you depending on so many things, some of which I'm not even certain about. PT LE 8 is not approved for Windows 8 nor will it ever be.

You could try Run as Admin when you install it. You may want to try installing with a Compatibility Mode. I would go with the 8.0.3 full installer and then update to 8.0.5 which is the final version.

You can download 8.0.3 from your Avid account.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-05-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
when loading the "structure.dpm" plugin?.

Structure was the first to go on my older setup too.

Remove it from the plugin folder / but it might be moot if it's not going to work (PT8 not designed to run on Win8) idk ymmv
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Hey buddy, haven't seen you posting here lately, hope all is well.

In case you are not aware, you can upgrade from PT LE to Pro Tools 11 for only $199! This also includes the new support contract and it will cover you for support and ALL upgrades until March 2016!

So keep that in mind. It's never been cheaper for LE, MP and EX guys to get on the latest version of Pro Tools. You will need an iLok 2 as well.
Yep, all is well, I spent the last half of the year focusing on getting my black belt . I still use the 11R for performing, practicing and lessons but I'm thinking of integrating it with a little program called BIAS for recording, don't know if you've heard of it, but, I think it's pretty cool - I suppose I shouldn't say that on this forum .

But I am soooo glad that I contacted the forum, that $199 deal has me sold, like immediately, looking up the details now - I have a 64 bit system and I have an iLok 2 - so yay me

Once again, many thanks.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 12-06-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Yep, all is well, I spent the last half of the year focusing on getting my black belt . I still use the 11R for performing, practicing and lessons but I'm thinking of integrating it with a little program called BIAS for recording, don't know if you've heard of it, but, I think it's pretty cool - I suppose I shouldn't say that on this forum .

But I am soooo glad that I contacted the forum, that $199 deal has me sold, like immediately, looking up the details now - I have a 64 bit system and I have an iLok 2 - so yay me

Once again, many thanks.
What is this BIAS you speak of

BIAS Desktop is really cool, I love it. Nothing wrong with having more tools in the toolbox.

Good idea for taking advantage of this deal. It's never been cheaper to get current on Pro Tools plus you are covered until March 2016 provided you purchase before Dec. 31 2014.

Good luck with it.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-06-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
What is this BIAS you speak of

BIAS Desktop is really cool, I love it. Nothing wrong with having more tools in the toolbox.
hahaha - I should've known that you'd be all over that thing. Good video too! I learnt more about the features.

Quote:
Good idea for taking advantage of this deal. It's never been cheaper to get current on Pro Tools plus you are covered until March 2016 provided you purchase before Dec. 31 2014.

Good luck with it.
Thanks man, but, it's all due to you I had absolutely NO idea about that deal and it's come at the perfect time.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP