Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM

Default Major lag / slow responsivness in Pro Tools 11.0.2HD

I just upgraded from Pro Tools 10.3.7HD to 11.0.2HD. I use a Native card and have an 8x8x8 I/O.

I am experiencing 3-5 second lags after the following actions:

Save
Autosave
Create new track
Playback
Stop Playback or Record
Recording (quick punch)

I'm sure there will be more lag issues that will pop up, but these alone are driving me nuts--it's totally unacceptable! I was running 10.3.7 with no problems, absolutely smooth as can be. As-is, 11 is completely unusable to me. There is no way I can do record passes with that much lag, much less editing, etc. These were all simple functions that responded instantly when using every previous version of Pro Tools I've had--going back to 6.4 LE!

Is anyone else experiencing this type of issue? I have no idea what to do. I have tried everything (optimizations, trash prefs, reinstall) and searched everywhere (this forum, gearslutz, google, et al), just short of calling Avid.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have plenty of ram, disk space, etc...my computer is very fast. Again, no problems with previous version of Pro Tools whatsoever.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Major lag / slow responsivness in Pro Tools 11.0.2HD

My first guess is this is a known problem. Go into your BIOS and disable any floppy drive (yes even if you don't actually have a floppy drive connected). Also look in windows device manager and disable anything showing up there. This has been discussed on DUC before, its a bug in yhe redbook CD ripping software in Pro Tools 11.

Darryl
Old 12-16-2013, 04:41 PM

Thanks Darryl, I will try that and post results. I searched for a few hours--can't believe I couldn't find this topic.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdini View Post
Thanks Darryl, I will try that and post results. I searched for a few hours--can't believe I couldn't find this topic.
It's here in multiple threads, most commonly described a pause or hang.

e.g. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340732

Of course you might have a different problem. If so then start by posting a Sandra report as described in the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page and try testing again after removing all third party plugins installed in Pro Tools.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:52 PM

Your suggestion seems to have worked! Can't thank you enough--total life saver.

FYI: I searched "lag", "slow", and "response", with "pro tools 11"--Guess I didn't get the right string. Anyway, it looks like this worked. Thanks again!