Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 11-13-2016, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Pro out of order after last driver update

Same issue with my m-audio Fast Track Pro here... More then a big decade of flawless operation, and then updated to FW 1.02 and only troubles after that. The sound gets more messy every 5 minutes, and about 15 minutes the output stops. Only disable/enable the card might help for another 10-15 minutes. I red all the forums, I estimate up to 500 users experience this problem, it makes me very, very, angry.. I have a lot of M-audio products here, it makes me SO mad if I look a them... I saw some users that claim that an external regulated 9V power supply solved the problem, and other users that claimed disabling their Intel network card solved the problem. The PSU advice is the only thing i'm also gonna try sooner or later, I ordered one today and I'll let you all know if it helps. But a fact is that it worked always, and was hardcore reliable on my previous 7 computer platforms... And now with that 1.02 FW it's useless, and so is the brand m-audio for me...
Old 11-19-2016, 01:04 PM

The Regulated power supply does not help here, I bought a 9V PSU and stabilized it with a 20.000µF elco cap (for those unfamiliar with electronics, 20.000µF is ***ridiculously*** much, and means no ripple... none!). Conclusion for me is that this firmware 1.02 ruined the device, since nothing else has changed here, this is unfair. (now I can't even sell it anymore) I would like to see a post 6.1.11 driver with a higher FW with the problem solved, or at least a simple bootloader or something to load the previous firmware, although this quest stops here for me. Maybe this thread can be used to discuss the ideal Fast Track Pro replacement device: Focusrite 2i4, Behringer UMC204HD, ... as long as it's not m-audio!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:47 PM

I just registered to pitch in to this thread. May of 2017, I just came across this issue myself after updating to firmware 1.0.2, none of the solutions posted here have worked for me, and I'm not sure why I'm gonna bother, but they'll be hearing an earful from me on Monday. I'm so pissed off with this. The damn thing has worked absolutely flawlessly for years and years, from Windows XP through Vista and now Windows 7 64bit, multiple hardware upgrades on my desktop, and a singly firmware update is what irreversibly ****s it up? This is absolutely ridiculous. They HAVE the firmware's v1.0 lying around somewhere. Just POST it somewhere!

For me, the symptoms are as follows: sometimes detects the hardware, sometimes not, BSOD is very regular... This is beyond useless.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM

POTENTIAL SOLUTION

Windows 7 64bit machine here. I was about to buy a Steinberg UR22 MkII and AVID had been completely useless in helping me (I'm on Cubase, so they asked me to pay for an Avid Support Code, or ASC, which was $40, and then from what I saw here and elsewhere, I'd be looking at another $100 for repairing an issue they caused). I was planning on keeping the unit because on my Windows 10 Home laptop, with the 6.0.7 driver, it seemed to at least work (haven't tested stability), so I figured it could become a mobile unit for field recording.

I had also just finished reformatting my machine, so I decided to try the 6.0.7 as a final resort, by following these directions to the letter: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ow_To/en404745

IT WORKED!!

I honestly don't really know why... and I haven't yet had a chance to really test stability. I wonder if maybe the registry keys were messing with my reverting back to older drivers? 6.0.7 did NOT used to work for me before the fresh Windows install...

So this isn't much of a solution. I just got lucky. If you're about to reformat, or you think it wouldn't be too huge a hassle to do so (it is for me but I needed to anyway), it MIGHT be worth a try.