Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-13-2012, 08:55 AM

Unhappy Midi out not working in PT10

I have a new setup with PT 10 on a Win7-64 platform. Using a Saffire 6 USB Midi interface to a Yamaha CVP-700 digital piano. I am trying to record Midi from the piano and use the piano as a playback device. I have the Midi in's and out's connected properly between the Saffire and the CVP. On PT, I opened a blank session and created a single Midi track. Selecting the CVP as Input and Output for the channel, I am able to record the Midi data fine. It creates a Midi recording that I am able to edit and play with. But when I play the recording, It is not sending it back to the Yamaha. I have verified that the Yamaha will receive and play Midi data from a different program on my PC so I know the Saffire, the CVP, and cabeling are good. PT seems to "think' its sending it as the level meters are indicating that data is being sent, but nothing on the CVP. I've tried everything I can think of in terms of selecting channels, changing Midi settings on the CVP, all to no avail. I can record, but not play from PT.. but can from my MidiTest application. I'm a novice on PT, but well versed on computers and interfaces. I have setup the CVP in the Midi Studio and set it's I/O to the Saffire. I've also tried not setting the CVP I/O and just using the Saffire as the I/O. No difference (record-yes, play-no). Any ideas?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Midi out not working in PT10

I solved it... Needed to run PT as administrator. So simple... yet so frustrating!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:36 AM

Exclamation Re: Midi out not working in PT10

Thank You ........ Gosh you are the only one out of how many hundreds of pages we have checked out to find out where we were going wrong.

Did you go into Protools on your menu and go to properties to change the Administrative settings that way, or are you always *Right Clicking* to 'Run as Administrator?'

Im glad you got it sorted, Im pretty new to PT as well. Recently doing a course at our TAFE College here in Hervey Bay Qld Aust on how to use PT. I then purchased PT 10 and also the Presonus 1818 VSL AudioBox.

All the troubles we've had trying to set it up *Sighhhhh* I know how you felt. It can almost drive you loopy :P

We also had another problem tho which seems to be consistently happening. I wondered if you have any ideas on the matter.

I open a midi track and sometimes when I first open it ... or save it then re-open it I get this error message about "ASIO setting have changed" Then do you want to Quit/Cancel/Save. Then I hit save and PT closes, you reboot and try again. It happens sometimes again and at other times not, but is usually a consistently happening thing.

Any Ideas at all would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in Advance.

x Lee x