Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 10-02-2019, 04:07 PM

Default Playlist bug(?) clears undo history

Hi all, anyone else encountering this bug? Adds time to most editing tasks and has been bumming me out a bit since PT 12.7.

If you promote any playlisted audio to main playlist, it clears your undo history.

Steps to recreate:

-Have an audio track with at least 1 playlist - audio on both
-Open playlists using your method of choice
-Promote any selection to main playlist using your method of choice
-Close playlist fan using your method of choice

And that's it! It doesn't take that much time to recreate an edit, but the little time it does take can really add up when working with large sessions and when needing to work quickly/efficiently.

Avid has told me this is a known issue, but it feels like a fairly substantial bug to go unaddressed for this many PT versions.

Anyone else experiencing this/have any thoughts?
Old 10-03-2019, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Playlist bug(?) clears undo history

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillevine View Post
Hi all, anyone else encountering this bug? Adds time to most editing tasks and has been bumming me out a bit since PT 12.7.

If you promote any playlisted audio to main playlist, it clears your undo history.

Steps to recreate:

And that's it! It doesn't take that much time to recreate an edit, but the little time it does take can really add up when working with large sessions and when needing to work quickly/efficiently.

Avid has told me this is a known issue, but it feels like a fairly substantial bug to go unaddressed for this many PT versions.

this has been an issue in the past - the UNDO Queue being Cleared ... PLaylist causing it, is new to me .. it was getting Cleared when using Commit for a bit, but they seemed to have fixed that .. will check when i get a chance and see if it has come back on my system as well ..

pplease log a Support Ticket so Beta Team knows it is happening again ..

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 10-03-2019, 03:15 PM

I was able to log the bug a while back. Not sure if it'd be helpful to log again or if that just clogs the pipes more. I do bug Avid periodically about it, but I'm always told it's a known issue and it's being worked on.

Fwiw, this issue actually started for me I believe in PT 12.6 when Avid rolled out the new playlist features (which are awesome).

I've confirmed it on several different types of rigs (all MacOSX based) in different locations, but never see any chatter about it. If anyone else can confirm this on their rigs, it'd be nice to confirm I'm not losing my marbles :)
Old 10-04-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillevine View Post

Steps to recreate:

Don't see your system specs but I was able to recreate this on a Windows 10 rig.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.