Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Select Grayed Out In The Regions Menu?

Hey Guys,

I have got a friend working on a session right now and he can not get the select menu to extend under the regions list menu. He wants to delete the unused regions, but the select option is grayed out. I went into one of my sessions and tried it and the menu came up with no problem. We have tried restarting the session, rebooting, saving the session in another location, and saving a copy of the session and opening it. All of this did not fix the problem. I suggested to have him move everything off the drive and then format it and put everything back on, but he can't do that because the drive is his bosses and he does not want to risk it. Any Suggestions? Help would be greatly apprciated. I don't know his system specs at the studio...I know he is using a mac and I think he is using a 002 as for the version of PT I'm not sure....I'll try to get the specs from him tonight.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Select Grayed Out In The Regions Menu?

before formatting,have you tried trashing the preferences? on top of the main index page digi has some utility programs to download which make trashing prefs a snap.
also, have you tried the shortcut.... control-shift-u(select unsed)>control-shift-b(clear selected)
wiping out the drive seems drastic, but with protools sometimes drastic is the only way.
good luck
Old 08-13-2007, 02:32 PM

just realized you said he was on a mac. those shortcuts i gave will not work. i believe you substitute control with command. sorry about that.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:09 AM

X9blade,

Thanks for the reply. I can't beleive I did not think of trashing the prefs and stuff first. I have had to do that many times myself. I guess I was a little rusty. Thanks for the shortcuts and the heads up about the utilities...I haven't been on here in quite some time. Hopefully this fixes his problem.

Thanks again
Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Thanks folks! I haven't tried this yet... What I wound up doing was saving another copy of the session, then sorting the audio files folder by the 'Date Created' option, copying all of the files I needed (which were the newest ones, luckily), then deleting everything else in the folder... So now the session loads up and asks me where they are, but otherwise it still works fine.

Thanks again!