Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2016, 06:55 PM

Default PT12.4 Audio File Bug...

Just moved up to PT12.4 from PT10.3.8 and have come across a particular bug in opening sessions from PT10. Occasionally I come across an audio file that is referencing the completely wrong audio. So right now I'm looking at an "Electrical Buzz" track in a backgrounds edit but when I play it I hear wind, or a "Crowd Footsteps" track that is also playing back as wind. No doubt these wind tracks are in the session as well. The waveform displays as the sound heard (wind) but the filenames (clip names) are as they were intended. When I play the sound in the clip bin it also plays the wrong audio.

Anybody else encounter this yet?

Thanks,
JR

...just clicked "Reveal in Finder" in the clip bin on the affected clips and it takes me to file being heard (the wind track) instead of the actual file named.

...not feeling like a bug anymore, seems it has something to do with the Unique ID's. When re-importing the tracks I get asked to use either Original ID or Stamp New ID, when I choose Stamp New ID everything comes in right. Sometimes it just takes a post to the DUC to help you fix your problem :)

Last edited by JR Fountain; 01-25-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:51 PM

Default Re: PT12.4 Audio File Bug...

Soundminer users know the "stamp new ID" dialog box well. The right answer is usually yes. But problems like this can also crop up if you haven't deleted Workspaces in a while:

Quote:
Pro Tools Workspace database files
Try deleting these if you experience file-based issues, such as problems searching for audio files in the Workspace.
Open your Macintosh HD.
Go to the Users folder.
Go to the Shared folder.
Delete the Pro Tools folder, which contains the following two files:
Workspace.wksp
WaveCache.wfm
Old 01-26-2016, 04:51 AM

Default Re: PT12.4 Audio File Bug...

Thanks for the tip on workspaces Nathaniel, don't use the workspace myself, but I've been a soundminer user for a number of years. I'd never had this problem in the past, so when it coincided with the upgrade to PT12.4 I assumed it was a bug.

Anyhow, easy fix and now I know which is good :)

JR