Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-10-2015, 07:42 AM

Default Reverb or Doubling effect on input vocals

What's up! My name is Calibur and I'm coming to this forum with hopes that someone can help me. I am having a problem with my input vocals having a reverb/ doubling effect when I record them. The recorded vocal sounds fine, however the input vocal that I hear in my headphones when I am recording doesn't. Is there any way to get rid of the reverb/ doubling effect on the input without having to mute the recorded track. I am currently recording on a Mac with protools 11 and I am using the focusrite 6i6 interface with Scarlett Mixcontrol. (Note I never had this problem when I used Cubase Le with my Scarlett 2i2. So I'm not sure if it's a setting in protools, Scarlett Mixcontrol or both. Any help, tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.) I can also be reached at 216-702-1995. thanks in advanced
Old 10-10-2015, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Reverb or Doubling effect on input vocals

Sounds like your double monitoring. Make sure you have low latency monitoring activated in PT if you're monitoring via the scarlet. Or make sure the monitoring is muted on the Scarlet and the low latency monitoring is not activated if you're monitoring via Pro tools.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:57 AM

I want to monitor through protools only. I am not a fan of the Scarlett Mixcontrol. Probably cause I'm not really familiar with it. But im not sure how to get sound from my monitors and headphones without using it. I think I have to have it installed for the 6i6 to work. How do I set it up
Old 10-10-2015, 08:27 AM

I'm not sure as I don't use a Scarlett, I would recommend looking at the manual to see how to mute input monitoring on the Scarlett.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:32 AM

Ok thank you. I will give that a shot
Old 10-10-2015, 08:51 AM

I would start by setting the buffer size as low as possible, like 128 and see if it helps, also turn down the fader on the record enabled track as you can use the input monitoring if you have PT12 and when you recorded just turn up the fader on the track you recorded to.

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-10-2015, 08:53 AM

yes def check the buffer size... you want that to be 128 or 256 when recording
Old 10-10-2015, 11:57 AM

I went and adjusted my buffer size from 512 to 256, then 128 all the way down to 32 and I still get the same effect. I also turned the fader down, which is virtually the same thing as muting the track. And although that solved the problem as far as the effect, it doesn't allow me to still hear my self through the microphone. Very frustrating because I like hearing my vocals in the headphones when I'm recording them.