Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2010, 11:06 AM

Thumbs down Mixing in Groups (wtf?)

OK so i've figured out how to groups tracks but the only benefit i can see right now is that i can adjust the volume of the grouped tracks at once, nice but not what i was lookin for.

I am having so much trouble understanding why I cant copy plug-in settings across a group of tracks. Is this just a pro tools thing? As far as I am aware Logic doesn't have this complication so I must be missing something.

I understand about the use of presets and the fact I can copy a plug-in across a group of tracks at once but thats no help if I still have to individually adjust each setting.

If thats just how it is then i'll accept it and move on but, I feel like i'm missing something here.

Any one's thoughts please? Cheers in advance.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Mixing in Groups (wtf?)

bump!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 PM

You can't link plugin controls in a group unless you have HD or the Complete production toolkit. I've usually found that whenever I think I might need to link plugin controls, I've bussed them to an aux, and put the plugins on there instead.

But, you could use
  • Ctrl-Shift-C to copy plugin settings
  • Ctrl-Shift-V to paste plugin settings
Old 01-04-2011, 10:11 PM

Thank you very much. This has actually helped me a lot. The complete production toolkit is on my purchase list now but until I can afford it I will be using those keyboard shortcuts to full effect!

Jah bless!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 PM

Alt-click(Windows) on a plugin and drag to the next track and you will get a copy of the plugin with the settings intact. I think the Mac shortcut is Option-click

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-07-2011, 11:36 AM

Smile Re: Mixing in Groups (wtf?)

mate you absolutely smashed it. i couldnt find that in the manuals anywhere, i just looked again to see if I missed it but still couldnt find it.

thank you very much!