Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Kiesel Guitars - Really Bad Experience

Sorry to revive this thread but it came up on a Google search I was doing. I was actually looking at purchasing a Kiesel as I quite like the headless designs they have going on. For whatever it's worth, I have version 1 of the Carvin Steve Vai signature head.

However, in the past week, Kiesel Guitars have been highlighted for their abrasive handling of customers with Jeff Kiesel mocking people on his Instagram account and elsewhere -- https://youtu.be/0wcmIf2FRkQ

Mike from Kiesel has a pretty bad reputation online among guitar forums with many folks describing him as rude and obnoxious etc. Jeff seems like the new Sterling Ball (from Music Man) i.e. taking every opportunity to love-bomb on his endorsees, ignoring any genuine critique and then, mouthing off at his customers when it suits him to do so. It seems to be a second or third-generation business owner thing.

This thread and what I've read elsewhere has pretty much turned me off the company full stop.

Last edited by Reml@P; 04-29-2020 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:03 AM

I realize this ia 3 year old thread. But Note I have no opinion on Kiesel ,or skin in game what so ever. Except that like Reml@P , I am interested as I have been considering possibly ordering a Johnny Highland JH6

That said
Barry I have to admit I am fairly confused, perhaps you meant something different than what appears as written because. These two statements appear to be in direct conflict
You state
Quote:
"I simply made a request that when they completed my guitar to please not sign the back of the guitar. The response I got literally shocked me.
Then you state
Quote:
"That is a flat out lie. Mike there was zero discussion orally or in writing about the signature on the guitar. Zero.
I must be missing something, as is entirely possible given the problematic nature of trying to interpret words written on a Forum. Barry are you saying you made the initial request and they denied it, but there was no actual back and forth after that ?

And Barry what was the final outcome ? Again interested but not committed because of only considering doing business with Kiesel Thanks , Kev

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 04-30-2020 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I realize this ia 3 year old thread. But Note I have no opinion on Kiesel ,or skin in game what so ever. Except that like Reml@P , I am interested as I have been considering possibly ordering a Johnny Highland JH6

That said
Barry I have to admit I am fairly confused, perhaps you meant something different than what appears as written because. These two statements appear to be in direct conflict
You state

Then you state
I must be missing something, as is entirely possible given the problematic nature of trying to interpret words written on a Forum. Barry are you saying you made the initial request and they denied it, but there was no actual back and forth after that ?

And Barry what was the final outcome ? Again interested but not committed because of only considering doing business with Kiesel Thanks , Kev
Probably just mean that in the order itself he requested that there was no signature, but then someone tried to make it pass like there was discussion about it later on while Barry say's there was none.

but 3 years.. c'mon.. could have been left dead :P LOL no zombiness please

Wave-T.com
Old 05-02-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Probably just mean that in the order itself he requested that there was no signature, but then someone tried to make it pass like there was discussion about it later on while Barry say's there was none.

but 3 years.. c'mon.. could have been left dead :P LOL no zombiness please
Possibly, but again demonstrates how written communication can sometimes be problematic < Like for example the fact that I did not resurrect the thread.. So replying to me about that, is pointless , where as because I am considering about ordering a Kiesel , wondering what the final outcome was,,, isn't ,,,, C'mon indeed

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 05-02-2020, 01:21 PM

Hey Kev, Barry is no longer a member here so you would have to contact him personally. Sorry.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-02-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey Kev, Barry is no longer a member here so you would have to contact him personally. Sorry.
Oh. Ok hey thanks.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 05-03-2020, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Possibly, but again demonstrates how written communication can sometimes be problematic < Like for example the fact that I did not resurrect the thread.. So replying to me about that, is pointless , where as because I am considering about ordering a Kiesel , wondering what the final outcome was,,, isn't ,,,, C'mon indeed

Wave-T.com
Closed Thread