Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-28-2003, 09:48 PM

Default Can\'t record enable track in DP 3

I have just purchased DP3, and I believe I have everything set up properly for my 001, there's no way to tell for sure right now because I can't enable any 001 source tracks to record.

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.geocities.com/faroutinleftfield/index.html

Notice that the enable button doesn't appear next to either of the in 3's or either of the in 2's. I can't seem to find this sort of problem in the manual - but it's a big book so maybe I'm not looking in the right place...
any help is appriceated.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Can\'t record enable track in DP 3

The problem is that you have to enable the outputs of the tracks. If you look, you have the outputs disabled on those two tracks. In fact on the last 5 tracks out puts are disabled. You can tell this because out1-2 is indented. If you click on them you'll bring up a drop down menu. Choose out1-2 again and it'll work. To stop this happening in the future, go to audio bundles and delete your current out puts. Then create 2 new ones and then save as template. Every time you now open a project, out puts will automatically be enabled.

email me privatly if you need any further help

[email protected]
Old 01-29-2003, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Can\'t record enable track in DP 3

Quote:
Originally posted by clockface:
I have just purchased DP3, and I believe I have everything set up properly for my 001, there's no way to tell for sure right now because I can't enable any 001 source tracks to record.

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.geocities.com/faroutinleftfiel d/index.html

Notice that the enable button doesn't appear next to either of the in 3's or either of the in 2's. I can't seem to find this sort of problem in the manual - but it's a big book so maybe I'm not looking in the right place...
any help is appriceated.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The problem is that you have to enable the outputs of the tracks. If you look, you have the outputs disabled on those two tracks. In fact on the last 5 tracks out puts are disabled. You can tell this because out1-2 is indented. If you click on them you'll bring up a drop down menu. Choose out1-2 again and it'll work. To stop this happening in the future, go to audio bundles and delete your current out puts. Then create 2 new ones and then save as template. Every time you now open a project, out puts will automatically be enabled.

email me privatly if you need any further help

[email protected]