Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 10:51 AM

Default WAVES REFUSES TO RESPOND TO COMPLAINTS

Now I realize what terrible customers service Waves has after spending thousands of dollars with them I feel very ripped off about there pricing policy on upgrades. The worst customer service ever by a Digi Development Partner. The most Expensive Plugins should get the best service. This refletcs poorly on Digidesign. WAVES & DIGIDESIGN! SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Re: WAVES REFUSES TO RESPOND TO COMPLAINTS

If people are stupid enough to keep buying then it's there own fault!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:38 PM

Thank god I didn't buy one of their bundles.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:01 PM

my waves TDM bundle has just been discontinued.wow!
I don´t need gold diamond platinum

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:44 PM

I'm a start off by saying,,, I really love the way Waves Plug Ins sound. And I USED to love Waves period just all the way around a little while ago. Because, to add to the fire of what alot of "p-o'ed" waves customers have been saying lately about this update to v.5 cost ,( I just got lucky I guess because I bought my "big" waves bundle with-in the alotted amount of time), so I can't really complain MYSELF about that,, but I see why everyone is sooooo angry...... BUT get this,, to add to that, I don't know if you all have heard about their "ilok" policy, (which differs from the other plug in companies), BUT Waves does not support "lost or stolen" iloks !!!!!! Meaning,, if you lose or someone steals your ilok,,,, ALL the Waves plug ins that were on there,,, they WILL NOT re-issue you a authorization for ALL them plug ins YOU LITERALLY PURCHASED !!!!!!! So it's like--- the first time ever in the history of life for us on planet earth that you can BUY some software from a company, and be the ligitimate serial # owner and all that, but yet if you "lost your disc" or your "application some how stopped workin' due to hard drive or what ever"(examples of previous reasons why companies re-issued discs or authorizations) they WILL NOT honer that!!! That is like stealing to me.. I paid you for something,,, and now you are telling me in more words or less that I really don't PHYSICALLY own it !!!!!!!!

That is ludicrous.........

But guys,,, I'm a strong believer in,,enough complaints, phone calls, and legitamate petitions, and "strikes" WILL make them change their minds... So don't give up on them,,,, but yet persistantly , professionally , get a organized HUGE MOB style complaint (for lack of a better word) going... And they'll bend---
Old 07-29-2004, 03:51 PM

Before you go around bashing Waves on this issue, you had better check with PACE regarding lost or stolen iloks. I don't think they will replace permanent auths without having possession of a broken/malfunctioning ilok. Loss or theft is what insurance is for, and I am sure they have stated this in the past. If someone stole my computer, Apple isn't going to replace it for me, regardless of how much it cost, same with my car.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:09 PM

my wup policy was up in march of this year...so i am not eligible for the upgrade...i really have no problem with paying a reasonable price for new features..after all they have to keep programing everytime protools changes their program..what upsets me is that i never really felt that my version 4 plugs were working properly...and to have to pay well over 500 bucks to upgrade to version 5 is really a kick in the head. i really hope that those of us that do tend to stay current with our software will not cave in and just pay the outrageous price they want for their upgrade warranty...i had it for a whole year and now that it's supposidly fixed i have to pay again. i really used to be a cheerleader for waves...no more.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:29 PM

I am no longer willing to further my investment in WAVES. I will no longer upgrade.

Sayonara (or how ever that's spelled), buy buy WAVES.

my2
mm
Old 07-29-2004, 07:28 PM

I got a phone call from Waves and I complained - but it fell on deaf ears. I may as well been talking to a brick wall.
I am not going to pay for and upgrade when I only use 5 plugins
Old 07-29-2004, 07:46 PM

I'm glad I didn't fall for the Waves bait and get suckered into paying through the nose ever few months for plugs that are not fully developed.........SUCKERS.......