Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 09-02-2014, 02:15 PM

Default Re: How to create own drum kit?

Guess what I'm hoping for is something like Reason's Redrum that actually accesses WAV files of drum hits. A good friend is doing that and then (somehow) bringing it into Pro Tools. Actual drummers making actual drum hits, the way you want them to. I am just wanting to keep it in the family.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyrouse View Post
Guess what I'm hoping for is something like Reason's Redrum that actually accesses WAV files of drum hits. A good friend is doing that and then (somehow) bringing it into Pro Tools. Actual drummers making actual drum hits, the way you want them to. I am just wanting to keep it in the family.
Reason works nicely in Pro Tools via the Rewire protocol that allows you to route audio output from and Reason instrument to a Pro Tools AUX or AUDIO track for further processing or mixing...it works really well. Again, with the MIDI files I mentioned earlier, you could use something like Redrum in Reason (Or their more advanced drum VI KONG) to play all those beats from Boom. Or just create your own MIDI tracks to play drums. Also, there's any number of 3rd party MIDI drum beats files out there, like Twiddley Bits for example. Good luck!

Old 09-02-2014, 10:01 PM

get idrum.

its cheap. You can use your own wav samples. It is very much like boom but more.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 04-22-2018, 06:03 PM

What a lame thread.

If you do not know the answer you shouldn't reply and waste our time reading. Everyone replied something other than the answer to the question.

There must be a way to do it since there are drum kits in the library.

I will find out and return w the answer.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:04 PM

Ok, I have the answer -

To create your own drum kit, edit the sounds you want and have the files reside in the same folder on your OS (Windows, Mac OS). Then using your OS file browser, select all the sounds you want in your kit and drag them together into your patch window on Structure Free. You will be prompted how you want it mapped.

For more control over how sounds will be mapped, and making custom patches, you will have to buy the full version for $150 which will give you access to the patch edit window.

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...2#.Wt0_GH8h2yp
Old 04-22-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOrakat View Post
Ok, I have the answer -

To create your own drum kit, edit the sounds you want and have the files reside in the same folder on your OS (Windows, Mac OS). Then using your OS file browser, select all the sounds you want in your kit and drag them together into your patch window on Structure Free. You will be prompted how you want it mapped.

For more control over how sounds will be mapped, and making custom patches, you will have to buy the full version for $150 which will give you access to the patch edit window.

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...2#.Wt0_GH8h2yp
That was suggested back in 2014 Einstein, see post #2.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
That was suggested back in 2014 Einstein, see post #2.

Hahahaha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk