Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2014, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Magma PE6R4 Power Supply

The Silencer psu that my Magma PE6R4-I had in it went bad a couple of months ago. It took me quite a while to diagnose as the error messages it made my PT rig spew out looked like kernel panics or software and drive related issues. Finally narrowed it down to the chassis power supply.
Anyhow, I got a Corsair GS 600 which works great, was an easy install and has a light on it which makes the heart of the chassis glow blue!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeypig View Post
The Silencer psu that my Magma PE6R4-I had in it went bad a couple of months ago. It took me quite a while to diagnose as the error messages it made my PT rig spew out looked like kernel panics or software and drive related issues. Finally narrowed it down to the chassis power supply.
Anyhow, I got a Corsair GS 600 which works great, was an easy install and has a light on it which makes the heart of the chassis glow blue!
Think that I've got the same situation with the Magma PSU. I've order a new Silencer MK III. After I recieve it and install it I will report back with the results. Hopefully it will eliminate these symptoms and anyone who is experience the same kind of mystery can be a step closer to a resolution as a result.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Think that I've got the same situation with the Magma PSU. I've order a new Silencer MK III. After I recieve it and install it I will report back with the results. Hopefully it will eliminate these symptoms and anyone who is experience the same kind of mystery can be a step closer to a resolution as a result.
Hi how did it go? I have a PE6R4i and my PS is very noisy. I see this brand on Amazon for a good price. Thanks!

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 08-13-2015, 09:44 PM

Sorry for not reporting back. Turns out that the new PSU solved all of the issues. It is quiet as a mouse and does everything that it needs to do.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:39 AM

No problem and thanks for the info WernerF!

Old 08-19-2015, 01:58 PM

Was nervous at first as the 20+4 connector threw me for a loop then I re-referenced the start of this thread. whew! All is good and so much quieter!!