How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 11-30-2020, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Dark Theme in Pro Tools 2020.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I can't lay claim to finding the dark mode file but as you've seen I'm one of two people here that are posting changes they've made and what they've found. Surprised there aren't more digging into this. Like I also said I have the time due to this damned plandemic to muck around so I pass along what I've found (at least for Mac users).
im more surprised no one has used the skin replacement method with the pngs, im sure that idb file exist as something else or somewhere on the mac side. i guess its too technical (hex editing and all), in the meantime I made rounded edged buttons for my dark mode with it. everything is too boxy. i get what they were going for, but its more 90's than anything lol
Old 12-01-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartthemovie View Post
I made rounded edged buttons for my dark mode with it. everything is too boxy. i get what they were going for, but its more 90's than anything lol
I agree I like the dark mode especially now that I am running musicman691' s alterations But the flat buttons IMO are regression to the johnny com lately midi base DAWs that decide to offer some audio recording in trying to keep pace with PT . I always felt the more 3/D-ish look of PT's mixer was one of it's most elegant features ( which I suppose could be a factor of my age ) having come of age in the hey day of large format mixing consoles being the norm in analog recording studios
By the Way care to share the recipe for that change ? If it's too complex no problem

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 12-01-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I agree I like the dark mode especially now that I am running musicman691' s alterations But the flat buttons IMO are regression to the johnny com lately midi base DAWs that decide to offer some audio recording in trying to keep pace with PT . I always felt the more 3/D-ish look of PT's mixer was one of it's most elegant features ( which I suppose could be a factor of my age ) having come of age in the hey day of large format mixing consoles being the norm in analog recording studios
By the Way care to share the recipe for that change ? If it's too complex no problem
here you go, i followed this guide from someone at kvr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBPzGtgMbbg
Old 12-01-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
im more surprised no one has used the skin replacement method with the pngs, im sure that idb file exist as something else or somewhere on the mac side. i guess its too technical (hex editing and all), in the meantime I made rounded edged buttons for my dark mode with it. everything is too boxy. i get what they were going for, but its more 90's than anything lol
Face it. We're not a Reaper type crowd. We spend our time working and not tinkering. No disrespect intended. I'm a Reaper user that doesn't like to tinker.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 12-01-2020, 10:07 AM

i dont use reaper lol
Old 12-01-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Quote:
here you go, i followed this guide from someone at kvr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBPzGtgMbbg
Kev:
Keep in mind the video on the link is for Windows and doesn't seem to apply to the Mac version.

QAPLA!
Old 12-01-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Kev:
Keep in mind the video on the link is for Windows and doesn't seem to apply to the Mac version.
the mac really doesnt have a similar file to these? im just curious how its setup on the macos end, what's inside the skins folder then? on the windows side we have the theme files along with text. on teh mac side you only have the txt config file?
Old 12-01-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Kev:
Thanks for the heads up

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 12-01-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
Face it. We're not a Reaper type crowd. We spend our time working and not tinkering.

tg
Not sure a multilateral declaration actually applies in what is clearly a unilateral situation. ( as in, what is this "we" Lindbergh ? )
BTW I tried Reaper and found it way too tinker'y, for my taste ain't life strange

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 12-01-2020, 03:21 PM

Ok, MORE good news for Windows people:

I've had a windows themer testing whether or not you can change the child window border through a custom .msstyle and the answer is that yes you can! Most themers apparently don't address this because very few programs call child windows instead of floating windows, at least that was his explanation.

I really do not have time to dive into this rabbit hole of learning how to write custom .msstyles, BUT this person says they will work on it in their free time. So, at a minimum, something is coming that will get rid of the aero blue bullsh*t around the edit/mix/etc... windows, but if anyone with more free time and less patience wants to give it a shot, by all means.