Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 12-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Default Pro Tools unable to communicate with HUI MCU.

Hey there...
So, I've been reading other threads about this and can't see anyone with this problem:
I have a macpro running PT10. About 6 mo ago I upgraded from PT8 to 10 bypassing the unnecessary upgrade to 9. Prior to me doing the upgrade, my MCU worked fine. Since i've converted to PT10 i hadn't had to use my MCU. NOW I do. So, i boot up the unit and goes through calibration, then a blank screen as though PT isn't open. Fine. Boot up PT, and reboot MCU. Nothing. THEN, I go online and start searching for info.

I have the old (dark grey) MCU unit. Midi connectors in the back. I was running a UNO midi cable that goes from USB to midi. 1 in 1 out. Always worked. The flashing lights on it say it's working too. Well, today I went out and got a brand new cable in case this was the case. It's not.

Rehooked up everything, tried to update the Firmware from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2. Downloaded the file, and followed all the online instructions from the website and from here in the forums. No such luck. But now a new thing has happened. When I do a normal boot of the unit, it calibrates, then the next window it says;
"MACKIE CONTROL UNIVERSAL - for Emagic Logic Audio. OK, read about this. All I have to do is "reset" the unit to HUI mode. Press and hold Ch. 1-2 through power up, and then the window (above) comes up and freezes!?

So, what am I doing wrong? What am I doing right? Now I can't access the Mode page, I've tried to update the Firmware but the unit won't communicate. I've downloaded the updated drivers and I've gone through the proper protocol for doing this, and now the MCU is just sitting there with an "F-U" sort of smirk on it's stupid digital face....

Ideas....Please? I don't have the time and or money for a new one.

Thanks in advance!
R
Old 09-01-2014, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools unable to communicate with HUI MCU.

"Run Pro Tools as Admin" should solve the HUI Protocol Issue.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools unable to communicate with HUI MCU.

Hello
Im using Mackie Cotrol with Pro Tools 10 and everything works perfect but... When Im contoling plugins I need to turn four full circles with Vpot for small increments with values. In earlier Pro Tools versions there was way to use Vpot in linear and velocity sensitive mode so that one circle of knob will move values fom min to max so it behave like on regular analog console. As Im seeing this its the same problem with Artist Mix controllers and Qcon also. Anyone having the same problem and some solutions?

Thx in advance, Nebojsa