Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-04-2006, 07:36 PM

Default adat bridge w/ nubus protools?

so this is kinda funny....

i'm going to pick up a complete protools 4 (i guess?) nubus TDM system tommorow night for basically nothing....they just want it out of their facility.....

it's loaded with plugins i guess and i figure that there may be something in there i would'nt mind using every now and again

so my question is: Is it possible to use an Adat Bridge io to get audio in and out digitally with this nubus stuff? It's coming with an 882 which has 2channels of spdif 24bit i guess, but it could be nice to have more than 2channels

Have I given enough info?

thanks so much,
adam
Old 04-04-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Re: adat bridge w/ nubus protools?

Memory is a little foggy, but I think you'd need the original ADAT IO, which would add another 8 channels assuming you had an ADAT to use for the converters. I did this for a while when I got my first Digi rig, but there were some issues with pops and clicks that I never solved. I was using the 882 as well. I may be wrong, but I think that ADAT IO will only do 16 bit.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:20 PM

Default Re: adat bridge w/ nubus protools?

man....

i was hoping to just set this thing up as an external fxprocessor and just run adat back and fourth from/to my rosetta800 i have hooked up as my main IO for the HD rig.....

i guess ill just have to hook it up and give it a go!

project for tommorow night? i think so...