Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2008, 10:40 PM

Default Pro Tools 7.4 freezing when Ilok inserted for Strike

When I go to load a session that has Strike on it, it asks for me to Buy or Quit Strike, so i insert the Ilok, click Buy, and it freezes everytime. It just started to do this, because it use to work just fine when i inserted and clicked BUY. Now I have to make sure I have the Ilok already installed before opening Strike or a session that contains Strike.

I have Pro Tools 7.4 cs 7. 003 rack
Windows XP Pro
4GB Ram
3 harddrives 2 internal 1 firewire

And yes I just updated the Pace Ilok drivers today, and it didnt help.

I recently had to completely uninstall ALL of Pro Tools including the DAE folder, because it was freezing when loading plugins on startup or it would freeze on Creating DAE. I got everything reinstalled including all plugins (Strike, Komplete 4, ect..) And yes I updated Strike to the current cs pack.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.4 freezing when Ilok inserted for Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG41 View Post
Now I have to make sure I have the Ilok already installed before opening Strike or a session that contains Strike.
That is standard practise.

filosofem
Old 10-12-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
That is standard practise.

filosofem
No i dont think so. Because just a few days ago it would ask for the Ilok, i would insert, hit Buy, and it would load fine. I dont always remember what sessions I have Strike on, and to have to load the dae then load the session just for it to freeze then have to completely start over and close PT and reopen. Like I said, It use to not do this, so i know there has to be something wrong.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:13 AM

Maybe you could treat it like the PT iLok; plug it in and forget it.
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:31 AM

I think what filosofem means is that having the ilok already inserted is standard.

I wouldn't open Pro Tools without the ilok already plugged in. Mine actually stay plugged in all the time (never unplugged), unless I"m working at another location. I don't really even start the computer without them in.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Avid

Quote:
When I go to load a session that has Strike on it, it asks for me to Buy or Quit Strike, so i insert the Ilok, click Buy, and it freezes everytime. It just started to do this, because it use to work just fine when i inserted and clicked BUY. Now I have to make sure I have the Ilok already installed before opening Strike or a session that contains Strike.
You should just uninstall Strike, or remove the Strike components from your Plug-Ins folder, since it doesn't appear you have an authorization for it.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
You should just uninstall Strike, or remove the Strike components from your Plug-Ins folder, since it doesn't appear you have an authorization for it.
What??? Dude I bought the Program 6 months ago! Why would I not have an Autorization for it all the sudden? Like I said I have used this program for a long time, and It just started this. I dont really care for you accusing me of stealing the program either!!!

I dont like to leave my Ilok pluged in because sooner or later it will go bad, and id like to preserve it as long as possible. I usually plug it in for the authorization, click authorize, then un plug it, and everything works fine.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM

I've had mine plugged in constantly for six (or seven) years and never had a single issue. It's still going strong. When the computer's off, the ilok's off. Having it plugged in all the time doesn't mean it stays on all the time.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jre3132 View Post
I've had mine plugged in constantly for six (or seven) years and never had a single issue. It's still going strong. When the computer's off, the ilok's off. Having it plugged in all the time doesn't mean it stays on all the time.
of course I know that when the computer is off the Ilok is off, i just dont want it to die on me when i need it from being pluged in during sessions I dont use an Ilok. i guess I need to purchase a backup. I wish digidesign would come up with a way to authorize their programs without these damn Iloks.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 PM

You are FAR more likely to short something out inserting and uninserting the iLok. Plug it in-Leave it in.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88