How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Venue Tips & Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore View Post
Another monitor tips when you use wedges and IE for Que that i think is pretty cool is:

Put 2 stereo jacket cabels from FOH out 7 and 8 to FOH in 7 and 8
Patch Monitor L+R to FOH 7 and 8
Patch FOH in 7 and 8 to any 2 inputs you like (FX returns if you have any extra)
Route that channels to L-R and mono, put faders at 0dB
Now you have your que on master fader

The cool part:
Make an event that triggs with master fader below (whatever you like, i use infinity) that mutes Mono output
Make another event that triggs wiht master fader below (same as above) that mutes L+R
Put both in toogle mode.

Now you can change betwen IE and wedge when your master fader goes below the value you have decided

Mathias
Thanks that is a great tip. I'm basically a full time monitor eng and I'm finally getting to use the Profile after months behind the m7. I've used the board before but I'm definitely interested in using snapshots and events a lot more in-depth. I'm also excited to try out relative edit modes when doing iems. I love the idea of faders triggering off other faders (heard one about ducking drum overheads if the drum vca goes above unity). And I also love the idea of using foot switches for things like talkback or changing snapshots. I've loved this thread so far and would definitely like to hear what else you guys and gals have come up with for events and snapshots.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhana View Post
I've loved this thread so far and would definitely like to hear what else you guys and gals have come up with for events and snapshots.
Well here is one i just start using:
Since Venue doesn't have custom fader layers or POPulation groups, and dragging and dropping faders aren't usefull during a show, i set up one VCA as a Custom fader, for navigating the console. The VCA fader i don't use.

- Make a few snapshots where you only scope 1 VCA and only the VCA assingment.

- Assign the channels to the VCA for different parts of the show/songs store them to different snapshots;
snapshot 1: Rythem instruments; drums, perc, spd
snapshot 2: Lead vocals with most important instruments
snapshot 3: lead vocal with cd (for tape act)
snapshot 4: Band only
snapshot 5: Choir

One great future of this you can also make combinations of input channels and output channels

- I have multiple snapshot already created with different combinations of channels, and a few open snapshots who are scoped but not stored yet, so i can easily store them quick without thinking

- Create an event for the most important custom fader snapshots and trigger them from function switches.

Then Use the VCA Spill for mixing
Old 07-03-2013, 11:36 AM

So I'm watching one of the old webinars, Robert walks through using groups in a monitor situation as stems to send into matrixies. This is a great idea, but I'm looking into a way to use the group stems to send into the Aux mixes as well. Right now I'm feeding the group into a bypassed plugin, and then back into an unused FX return. Now I can assign that "group return" to any aux, but is there a cleaner/easier way to do this?
Old 05-29-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhana View Post
So I'm watching one of the old webinars, Robert walks through using groups in a monitor situation as stems to send into matrixies. This is a great idea, but I'm looking into a way to use the group stems to send into the Aux mixes as well. Right now I'm feeding the group into a bypassed plugin, and then back into an unused FX return. Now I can assign that "group return" to any aux, but is there a cleaner/easier way to do this?
That sounds like a great idea, I think I'll try it. Depending on your situation you may get some usefulness by using the outputs of the groups directly to a source (IE avioms). But it is a shame there is no Sends On Faders to the Matrix.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:05 AM

What about a select all function? Is there a better way to select all the channels than using multiselect and clicking each one? Especially for the editor this would be useful.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefpitas View Post
What about a select all function? Is there a better way to select all the channels than using multiselect and clicking each one? Especially for the editor this would be useful.
Double click on channel bank label (like 1-8, 9-16, etc.) under faders to select all channels.