Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 01-05-2020, 09:44 AM

Default Pro Tools M-Powered vs. Pro Tools First issues

I own Pro Tools M-Powered 8 software from several years ago, as well as an M-Audio Fast Track Pro. Together, these have satisfied my needs for music composition. Unfortunately, a few things have gone awry recently which seem to make my continued use of Pro Tools M-Powered not feasible. Here is why:

1. Microsoft is ending support for Windows 7, which means that for the sake of my security, I have switched to Windows 10.

2. I can't seem to get my Pro Tools M-Powered 8 plus Fast Track Pro to work on my Windows 10 computer.

So I tried downloading Pro Tools First. It seems alright, since all I really do is use the MIDI sequencer with Xpand2 instruments anyways. But what I really want to do is be able to save my many music projects to my hard disk, just as I was able to do previously with my Pro Tools M-Powered 8 setup ... but Pro Tools First limits me to 3 projects.

Is there a way for me to continue using the sorts of features I enjoyed with my previous Pro Tools M-Powered 8 setup? I spent nearly $500 on software and hardware, and I don't want to be told, "Your stuff is obsolete, pay us another couple hundred dollars to continue your hobby."
Old 01-05-2020, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered vs. Pro Tools First issues

your ~decade old stuff is obsolete, pay Avid another couple hundred dollars to continue your hobby.

You could not pay me enough money to use Pro Tools First, and especially not to risk losing work in Avid Cloud Storage. Get Pro Tools standard, or use a different DAW.