Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-07-2013, 06:31 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 Student Upgrade Issues On Startup Launch.

Hi,

I just tried to upgrade to pro tools 11 from pro tools 10 (free student edition upgrade). I am using a Macbook Pro 15" i7 from late 2011/early 2012. I currently have a Digidesign mbox 2, but am thinking this hardware may be incompatible with the newest version of pro tools.

My main issue is, everything installed fine and I have the new license registered to my iLok but when I try to open a new session in Pro Tools 11 I receive this dialog box error:

Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/109543/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1357.

(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.).

Also, If I try to open a session into 11, I get another error notifying me that:

“The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 44.1 kHz” (PTSW-127065)

Do you have any idea how I can resolve these issues? I would like to get 11 up and running but I have hit a wall at this point of the installation. I think I could figure out the playback engine issue on my own but the volume error dialog is beyond me. Does it have to do with some of my plug-ins I purchased that may be incompatible with the 64-bit system?

Please help me out guys! I am tying to have some fun during my break from university, and I need to practice my post production work.

Thanks,

-Mike M.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Student Upgrade Issues On Startup Launch.

First off the Mbox 2 is supported for 11, I get the same error message for the Mbox 3 Pro. I don't know why that is, if I launch Pro Tools and create a new session or open an already created session same message appears, but not always.

I reinstalled the drivers after I updated to 10.3.6 and then installed 11, it seems to work so far but that message appears from time to time, although I have no solid solution now I would say try to reinstall the drivers and the see what happens when you launch the session from your recording hard drive (or where you keep your sessions)
Old 07-07-2013, 12:01 PM

Sounds like a driver issue. When launching PT, hold down the "N" key and select another device. See if that makes a difference.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:09 AM

I am having the same problem, everything worked fine yesterday after i first installed everything, but when I booted up this morning I ran into the same problem. The Mbox Pro 3 is working ok because I loaded up Reaper and PT 10 with no problems. Also I tried pressing N and chose the internal interface and PT 11 worked with no issues.
Do I need to clear the cache or something?

I am going to re-install the Mbox Drivers and see if that works, but if anyone could shed some light it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by designweb View Post
I am having the same problem, everything worked fine yesterday after i first installed everything, but when I booted up this morning I ran into the same problem. The Mbox Pro 3 is working ok because I loaded up Reaper and PT 10 with no problems. Also I tried pressing N and chose the internal interface and PT 11 worked with no issues.
Do I need to clear the cache or something?

I am going to re-install the Mbox Drivers and see if that works, but if anyone could shed some light it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
If your on a windows machine you need to disable the mbox as a playback device
Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound Playback/Recording tabs

right-click the mbox (if you have the latest drives it might be something like analog 1-2, regardless disable all of the) and choose disable

When you launch Pro Tools 11 you will no longer get the unsupported playback error message. The downside to having to do this is that when you want to listen to music through iTunes you have to re-enable the mbox in the playback menu