Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-06-2016, 05:25 PM

Default How do I activate the Pro Plugins?

I just moved from 11.3 to 12.4 and I see several new plugins in my list. I tried to use a couple (these are the Pro series ones) and they give me a dialog that wants some kind of activation code. Where do I find my activation code? Thanks
Old 01-06-2016, 05:29 PM

Default Re: How do I activate the Pro Plugins?

Hi

Are you on Pro Tools HD12 and not seeing the added value content in your Avid Account?

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-06-2016, 05:46 PM

I do see the plugins in my added value acct. I think maybe I'm getting the idea. Do I need to download those and then I get some kind of code?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:59 PM

oops, well, now something funny happened. I downloaded and installed the Tape Echo plug from my account and it just showed up in my list and worked fine. The plugins I'm talking about are things like Pro Emax and Pro Tube Exciter and several others. Are these from Avid? If not, where the heck do they come from?
Old 01-06-2016, 06:17 PM

I had the same initial problem and discovered that when I upgraded to PT HD 12, Avid had put two different licenses in my iLok account; Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan has the permanent license for PT 10/11/12. There's another license called "Pro Tools Plan" which is a one year subscription license. I needed to put both of those on my iLok for all of the "free" plug-ins to work. Now I discovered that about 15 or so worked without the "Pro Tools Plan"--which presumably means that those will not expire after a year if you don't renew the subscription. The "Pro" plugins you are talking about all needed the "Pro Tools Plan" on my iLok to work, which means that those will expire in a year if I don't renew that subscription plan. I assume that you didn't put the "Pro Tools Plan" on your iLok yet.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:27 PM

Hmmm...I seem to have both of those licenses on my iLok and they are both activated. So, still baffled by this. Any more ideas?
Old 01-06-2016, 06:39 PM

All I could think is in Ilok License Manager looking at your iLok, double check the expiration date (which should be a year from now) to make sure that you're looking at a current subscription plan. Other than that, I guess put in a support ticket with Avid.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:39 PM

eHaber, did you have to input an activation code to make those plugs start running? That's what I'm running into. And I have no idea where to look for a code.

I bought my crossgrade just about a year ago so my plan expires this month on Jan 19
Old 01-06-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvillej View Post
oops, well, now something funny happened. I downloaded and installed the Tape Echo plug from my account and it just showed up in my list and worked fine. The plugins I'm talking about are things like Pro Emax and Pro Tube Exciter and several others. Are these from Avid? If not, where the heck do they come from?
The plugins you list here are Not Avid plugins, they are from Plug N Mix which is another developer. You would need to get a license from PlugNMix to run them.

Link here : http://www.plugandmix.com

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-06-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvillej View Post
I do see the plugins in my added value acct. I think maybe I'm getting the idea. Do I need to download those and then I get some kind of code?
Yes they need to be installed to be used in PT. Installers are in your Avid account.

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————