Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-01-2016, 01:48 PM

Default Can't Delete Plugins

I demo'd Melda's plugin line (for whatever reason...) and now the demo has expired but all of them are still showing up in my plugin menus in the inserts list. I have literally deleted the entire folder containing the plugins (Library>Application Support>Avid etc.) and I searched my entire mac and the files are no longer anywhere to be found, but they are still showing up in my Pro Tools sessions. I cannot figure out how to get them to disappear, it makes no sense to me. Please help!
Old 11-01-2016, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Can't Delete Plugins

Ask this question from the 3rd party plugin vendor
Old 11-01-2016, 03:28 PM

You could try deleting the "installed aax plugins" doc then relaunch PT. it'll rescan the plugins folder.
~ 2019 Rack Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16 core 384 GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.0 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO+QUAD / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Digidesign Pre's x 3 / Avid S6 M10-24 -V22.12.1.34 ~
~ Mac Pro 8 core - clover - 13 GB ram - 10.6.8 / HD5 / Pro Tools 9.0.6 / Magma PE6R4 ~ ARCHIVE RIG

~ Mac Pro (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core-32 GB RAM-10.13.6 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 / Apollo 16 / Avid S3 ~
Old 11-01-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethandla View Post
I demo'd Melda's plugin line (for whatever reason...) and now the demo has expired but all of them are still showing up in my plugin menus in the inserts list. I have literally deleted the entire folder containing the plugins (Library>Application Support>Avid etc.) and I searched my entire mac and the files are no longer anywhere to be found, but they are still showing up in my Pro Tools sessions. I cannot figure out how to get them to disappear, it makes no sense to me. Please help!
System info please? Your profile only says you're always running the latest version of OSX but we need to know what exact version you're running. Also try dumping prefs and databases. Look for a user here named Pete Gates - he has a utility to help with that task.

QAPLA!
Old 11-03-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
System info please? Your profile only says you're always running the latest version of OSX but we need to know what exact version you're running. Also try dumping prefs and databases. Look for a user here named Pete Gates - he has a utility to help with that task.
I'm actually running OS X El Capitan, so not the latest... Whoops. Version 10.11.6, and my version of Pro Tools is up to date.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priorytools View Post
You could try deleting the "installed aax plugins" doc then relaunch PT. it'll rescan the plugins folder.
This sounds promising. Where exactly can I find that doc? Thanks!
Old 11-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I'm actually running OS X El Capitan, so not the latest... Whoops. Version 10.11.6, and my version of Pro Tools is up to date.
ElCrapitan was one of the worst for PT. More info needed - what exact PT version? If you put this kind of stuff in your profile we wouldn't have to waste time with the back and forth like this. PT didn't become compatible with EC until PT12.3

QAPLA!
Old 11-03-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
This sounds promising. Where exactly can I find that doc? Thanks!
Are you saying the plugins are in your sessions and grayed out ?? If yes, just remove each one .. And you only need to get rid of / trash the ones you do not want in your plugins folder, not the entire folder ..

Can you clarify please

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-03-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
ElCrapitan was one of the worst for PT. More info needed - what exact PT version? If you put this kind of stuff in your profile we wouldn't have to waste time with the back and forth like this. PT didn't become compatible with EC until PT12.3
12.6.0 - as far as I'm aware, that's the most recent version. To answer the other question, all of the plugins are still showing up in my plugins list when I go to add a new insert. Additionally, the plugins actually load if I select it. SO it's got to be somewhere on my computer, even though I've searched my computer for anything with the name of the company (Melda) and can't seem to find anything, since I already deleted the plugins in my plugin folder in Application Support, the MeldaProduction folder in App Support, and another folder that I found just in ~/library also called MeldaProduction...
Old 11-04-2016, 12:09 PM

Ok turns out I'm dumb and there is another folder called library that also contains an Application Support and Avid folder on my computer, in addition to the one I had already deleted the Melda folder out of. But when I backed all the way out to my HDD, I found the actual Library folder I was looking for and deleted the Melda folder there. I don't have my iLok on me right now but I'm hoping that later when I try it, the problem will be solved! Thank you all for your help!