Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 04-19-2014, 07:09 PM

Default Help with Automute?

I am trying to bridge Automute with a Mackie MCU Pro and two extenders.

I have Automute in midi controller slot #1. The MCU and the two extenders live in slot 2 - 4 in in that order. Automute is working as expected on the first 8 tracks of my projects. Unfortunately, it pushes the MCU and extenders out 8 spaces.

I have unchecked Loopback mode in the Automute window and if I understand it correctly, I should be able to set up the four Groups in that window to bridge Automute and the controllers. I am hoping that give me control of the faders on the MCU where Automute is active. The best scenario would be all 24 tracks.

Unfortunately, if I make a selection of outputs or inputs in a group, Automute crashes.

Can anyone give me a little direction in solving this? I've got an email out to the developer, but it usually takes a day or so to get a reply.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Help with Automute?

Hi Dave, did you ever get this working? I am going thru the exact scenario with my Tascam US-2400 HUI controller. Automute and the US2400 work great on their own but I cant get them to play nice together.
The way I understood it was that you setup Automute as a virtual HUI controller in PT, then you disable the loopback mode In Automute and send the control data thru your HUI controller in effect creating a daisy chain being: automute send>US2400 receive >US2400 send>automute receive.
I too have contacted Emiliano, the creator of Automute and await any further help he can provide.

Cheers
Rob