Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2012, 09:30 AM

Question New Apogge 32 I/O vs Avid 16 I/O anone using Apogee???

Anyone using the new Apogee interface....? Delay time compared to Avid ???

How does it come up inside PT SW???

Since Apogee has released a 16ch A/D D/A now you will be able to run 32ch I/O out of one box which will be updated to TB in the future ...

http://news.apogeedigital.com/index....or-symphony-io
Old 01-23-2012, 09:35 AM

Default Re: New Apogge 32 I/O vs Avid 16 I/O anone using Apogee???

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp View Post
Anyone using the new Apogee interface....? Delay time compared to Avid ???

How does it come up inside PT SW???

Since Apogee has released a 16ch A/D D/A now you will be able to run 32ch I/O out of one box which will be updated to TB in the future ...

http://news.apogeedigital.com/index....or-symphony-io
Compared to what version of PT?

Wave-T.com
Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 AM

On the link that you sent referring to the new product it states that this product is not available till 2nd quarter 2012. So I'm sure no one is using it yet and there are probably no comparisons available because the product has not been released.

If you want- you can pre-order one from me, that way you will be the first to get it and you can post your results- you will be a hero to everyone on this forum who are wondering about this new product.

; )
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:27 AM

32 channels from a 3rd party hd interface isn't really anything new. You can use all 32 channels of a lynx aurora 16 simultaneously(16 analog and 16 digital)... I think it's seen as two 192's by pro tools.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
(snip)... I think it's seen as two 192's by pro tools.
This is where I might be concerned if I wanted to use it with HD. Until they can come out with a firmware that emulates the new HD I/O's, I might think twice. Because until they do that, I'm pretty sure they won't be compatible with PTHD 11. As 11 is dropping support for the older interfaces.

However if your using it as a native interface you're good to go. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
This is where I might be concerned if I wanted to use it with HD. Until they can come out with a firmware that emulates the new HD I/O's, I might think twice. Because until they do that, I'm pretty sure they won't be compatible with PTHD 11. As 11 is dropping support for the older interfaces.

Yes, this goes for all non-AVID branded HD interfaces. We won't really know until PT11 is out, but it's definitely safest to go with the new purple interfaces for future proofing. I remember seeing a few posts on other forums where people were having trouble with getting more than 16 channels out of an aurora 16 using the hd native cards, so HDX and/or PT11 may completely break that. Or it might work, and just be unsupported(which is how it already is now).

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM

Lightbulb Re: New Apogge 32 I/O vs Avid 16 I/O anone using Apogee???

Quote:
Originally Posted by promixr View Post
On the link that you sent referring to the new product it states that this product is not available till 2nd quarter 2012. So I'm sure no one is using it yet and there are probably no comparisons available because the product has not been released.

If you want- you can pre-order one from me, that way you will be the first to get it and you can post your results- you will be a hero to everyone on this forum who are wondering about this new product.

; )
Yes, I see when it's going to be released... comparison would be for the unit and cards already out working with PTHD...?? I would guess your price would be to high so don't plan on it.....
Old 01-23-2012, 12:32 PM

Exclamation Re: New Apogge 32 I/O vs Avid 16 I/O anone using Apogee???

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
32 channels from a 3rd party hd interface isn't really anything new. You can use all 32 channels of a lynx aurora 16 simultaneously(16 analog and 16 digital)... I think it's seen as two 192's by pro tools.

I like the Apogee one rack unit 32ch input 32ch's output.....
Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 PM

Question Re: New Apogge 32 I/O vs Avid 16 I/O anone using Apogee???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post

My understanding from Apogee is that it works with HD already and they are working on HDX... Also, Apogee will upgrade the interface to TB which what many companies are doing........eventually Avid will upgrade the 192 interface with TB........another upgrade maybe around the same time of PT11...???
Old 01-23-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp View Post
My understanding from Apogee is that it works with HD already and they are working on HDX... Also, Apogee will upgrade the interface to TB which what many companies are doing........eventually Avid will upgrade the 192 interface with TB........another upgrade maybe around the same time of PT11...???
Well the thing is right now you can mix and match HDx with older interfaces. And the new HD I/O's aren't the same as the older 96 and 192's. The new ones have improved lower latency converters. Right now I'm pretty sure all 3rd party interfaces emulate one of these older converters. And pro tools 10 plays nice with all of them new and old. Pro tools 11 won't support the older interfaces, and therefore won't support 3rd party interfaces. Unless they can emulate one of the new HD I/O's or a yet unknown TB based interface. Not saying this won't be possible to do. Just be aware it will need to happen for these interfaces to work in PTHD 11.

However they should work fine with native PT 11. But you could still be stuck with the current 32 I/O limit of native. But that could change in PT 11 also. Really there's a whole lot of unknown but I try to figure out what I can to avoid any surprises.

That said things are subject to change without prior notice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk