Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2000, 11:22 AM

Default Sample Cell & Digi001 (PC)

Anyone tried this yet? If so, I assume it integrates with aux's in Le like it does in TDM, or would I need to use Direct Connect? I have it at work and I'm finding I miss it at home. It'd be real handy emailing drum setups, et al, sampled at the big studio, and just email the SC instru's home, or at least the samples and reassemble them. Currently I email the samples home and edit them in my external sampler keyboard.
Just curious.

I don't know, what d'you think?
Old 07-20-2000, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Sample Cell & Digi001 (PC)

I read somewhere that it's not going to support Direct Connect so you'll have to hardwire it into an Aux channel.
Old 07-20-2000, 05:15 PM
Avid

When used with the 001, you must connect the SampleCell's audio outs to the 001 audio interface. SampleCell can only be digitally connected to TDM systems.

-Paul Vercellotti
Digi Engineering

Paul Vercellotti
Avid Engineering
Old 07-20-2000, 07:27 PM

Tks Paul,
I (I'm Plugs @ work)knew it was too good to be true!! I was just too lazy to open up my computer and see if there was some sort of tdm ribbon connection on the 001 card. All my inputs are used up and I'm trying to avoid buying a patchbay (I hate soldering!!)
OK, I wanna upgrade to the Digi002, which of course will have a tdm ribbon specifically for connection to a SC card?!?!?! (Hey, I gotta dream)
'k then, who knows of anything, hard disk sampler wise, that'll work with PTLe?? I'd rather get a card (so's not use motherboard ram) but I'm open to recommendations.