Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2011, 07:04 AM

Default Assertion error with elastic audio and imported .wav files

If I have Elastic Audio enabled for new tracks, and import any .wav file, I get the following error. The waveform display in the regions goes blank. I can sometimes delete the new track, and drag the converted region back in from the region list, but it sometimes still gives trouble later on (i.e. white noise, or jumbled audio).

Assertion in “/Volumes/Development/vb_protools_8.0.4_cpr?AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/FileFormat/MacBuild/../../FF/Audio/Elastic/FF_PacketStreamSet.cpp”, line 381

The session is 44.1/24-bit but the files are 44.1/16 so they need to be converted on import. As long as Elastic Audio is off however, I can import these files without issue.

At first I figured it was caused by the source of the files I was using, but I tried creating .wav files in multiple applications, on my PC and my Mac, always with the same result.

I've been hunting around to see if I'm the only one--anyone else see this?

PT 8.0.4 cs2

MacBook Pro
2.33 Intel Core 2 Duo - 3GB - OSX 10.5.8
1TB WD FW audio drive - M-Audio ProFire 2626
Old 02-22-2011, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Assertion error with elastic audio and imported .wav files

Not sure if you are stuck or just reporting a bug. But to ask the obvious question... if you import (and convert) the MP3 can you then enable elastic audio on the track? Or does elastic audio still throw an assertion?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Not sure if you are stuck or just reporting a bug. But to ask the obvious question... if you import (and convert) the MP3 can you then enable elastic audio on the track? Or does elastic audio still throw an assertion?
No, if I import and convert it plays fine... until I enable elastic audio on the track. If I then try to play, the error comes up and the waveform disappears.

I'm not stuck--there is a workaround: I can make a new session and import the converted split stereo files from the old session's audio files folder. However, as I work with a good number of imported interleaved stereo 16-bit waves, this is not at all convenient.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 AM

I am getting an error that i need help with.

Neo Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_devbranch_boondock/AlturaPorts/SDKs/Neo61/Libraries/Macintosh/Envirments/Alone/.../.../.../.../Source/CNeolnode.cpp", line1242

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.