Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2002, 10:35 PM

Default One more IMPORTANT Sync I/O question

Hello Digi...

thanks to all for helping me sort out Sync I/O and Mix Plus issues. I think I'm just about down to the one more stumper. DIGI, here's the question. Please put your BEST guy on it, because you may have to dwell on it.

According to my Sync I/O manual, the Word Clock input on the Sync I/O is ONLY 1x rate (256 not available). SuperClock is ONLY available on the Sync I/O's Word Clock output. So...if we are trying to use an AardSync to clock the Sync I/O at 48k, the Sync I/O only achieves lock when we use the 1x Word Clock output on the AardSync. (If we take the Superclock output from the AardSync, the Sync I/O will NOT lock.) OK. So, if we use the 1x output on the AardSync into the Sync I/O, and if we use the Sync I/O's menu to set its Base Clock to 256, does this mean that the 888's (and ProTools) are getting Superclock? OR, is SuperClock now only achieved by using the Sync I/O on Internal? As you may know, with the USD, there was a separate 256 input, so many studios would take the 256 output of their Aardsync into the 256 input on the USD, thus achieving a 256 chain. Is this now IMPOSSIBLE on the Sync I/O or does it somehow take in 1x from the AardSync, yet spit out 256 to the 888's?

I would LOVE to know the correct answer to this question. Many thanks in advance if you can answer this one!

J