Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-31-2018, 07:47 AM

Default ElevenRack - Windows 10

Hello,

I've read several posts on this topic, but the only solutions I've found are for Windows 7.

Here's what's going on: I purchased the 11R Expansion Pack. Upon running the Updater, the Windows wheel spins for a moment, and nothing else happens. The first run already registered the serial number, so I don't think I can use another PC at this point.

My understanding is that this is due to incompatible versions of IE. The problem is that Windows 10 doesn't give the option to "remove" IE or roll back - just disable, which doesn't work.

The 11R driver and standalone editor work fine. It's just the updater that's giving me grief. Has anyone come across a solution to this?

Thanks!
Michael
Old 12-31-2018, 12:08 PM

Default Re: ElevenRack - Windows 10

The only option is to use an older computer with Windows XP or Windows 7 on it, or a Mac. It doesn't even have to be your computer, you only need to run the updater once.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-31-2018, 10:37 PM

Thanks for the reply! I do have access to Windows 7 through work, but already entered the serial number from the purchase the first time I attempted to run the installer. Will the serial need to be reset before I can install on another PC?
Old 01-01-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0jsj View Post
Thanks for the reply! I do have access to Windows 7 through work, but already entered the serial number from the purchase the first time I attempted to run the installer. Will the serial need to be reset before I can install on another PC?
More than likely, yes.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-01-2019, 11:31 AM

Before running on the Win 7 PC, make sure IE9+ is NOT installed.

You will also need to install the 11R driver and have the 11R connected to the PC.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-02-2019, 05:38 PM

Everything is staged (IE9 removed, driver installed, 11R on...) and I've been given a "maximum allowed activations" error. I replied to support this morning to ask about this, but have not heard anything back. Is there anything I can to to unregister my Windows 10 PC?

Thanks so much for your assistance, by the way. This has been a major headache, and it's difficult to find information on the topic.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0jsj View Post
Everything is staged (IE9 removed, driver installed, 11R on...) and I've been given a "maximum allowed activations" error. I replied to support this morning to ask about this, but have not heard anything back. Is there anything I can to to unregister my Windows 10 PC?

Thanks so much for your assistance, by the way. This has been a major headache, and it's difficult to find information on the topic.
I know it's a major headache, believe me. At this point though it doesn't look like Avid will fix the problem, so we have to do these work-arounds, sorry.

You can't do anything on your end. Avid will need to reset the number for you or give you a new serial.

I kicked this up the chain a few days ago, I can mention it again, but it's up to support to get your serial straightened out. Hang tight....

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio