Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #6781  
Old 08-16-2019, 05:40 PM
dg27 dg27 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 252
Default Re: i7 Builds - Specs and Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
Not many i9 builds yet, I just purchased the parts for a new build:

• Gigabyte Z390 Designare LGA 1151 Motherboard w/two Thunderbolt 3 ports
• Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores/16 Threads up to 5.0 GHz
• Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 GV-RX580GAMING-8GD 8Gb Video Card
• G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

• EVGA 850 BQ (110-BQ-0850-V1) | 80+ BRONZE 850W Power Supply
This is very close to what I'm considering. How is it running so far?
Reply With Quote
  #6782  
Old 08-21-2019, 07:11 AM
paulreed paulreed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: kill devil hills, north carolina
Posts: 460
Default Re: i7 Builds - Specs and Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg27 View Post
This is very close to what I'm considering. How is it running so far?

I am also interested in how your build is working out?
Reply With Quote
  #6783  
Old 08-22-2019, 05:00 AM
chrisdee's Avatar
chrisdee chrisdee is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 3,031
Default Re: i7 Builds - Specs and Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
Not many i9 builds yet, I just purchased the parts for a new build:

• Gigabyte Z390 Designare LGA 1151 Motherboard w/two Thunderbolt 3 ports
• Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores/16 Threads up to 5.0 GHz
• Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 GV-RX580GAMING-8GD 8Gb Video Card
• G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

• EVGA 850 BQ (110-BQ-0850-V1) | 80+ BRONZE 850W Power Supply
This is very close to what I'm considering. How is it running so far?
My new i9 rig since october 2018 is :

• Asus Prime x299-a
• i9-7940x (14 cores)
• Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz 32GB
• 2 x 970 Evo, 2 x 960 Evo
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
• Win 10 Home

Works just fine with PT 2019.6 Ultimate.
Using it with Avid Omni + the HD Native PCI card
__________________
Christian D Hagen | I7 Builds | PT/OS Compability Chart
Reply With Quote
  #6784  
Old 10-03-2019, 06:08 AM
rossi68 rossi68 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 304
Default Re: i7 Builds - Specs and Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
My new i9 rig since october 2018 is :

• Asus Prime x299-a
• i9-7940x (14 cores)
• Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz 32GB
• 2 x 970 Evo, 2 x 960 Evo
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
• Win 10 Home

Works just fine with PT 2019.6 Ultimate.
Using it with Avid Omni + the HD Native PCI card

I was about to upgrade my computer a year ago, but I never got the time to get it done.
How are the i9 cpu doing for you?

I am looking at a upgrade kit with these parts;
1x Intel Core i9-9900K

1x ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F GAMING, Socket-1151

1x HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB 2666MHz (2x8GB)

1x Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Kjøler

1x Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 SSD
__________________
RME UFX Presonus digimax FS Mindprint Envoice Sony DMX r100 Lots of mics LOTS of drums
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Core 2 Series Desktops-Results and Specs sunburst79 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 2416 02-19-2013 07:49 PM
new to pc builds chazc080488 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 11 10-18-2011 07:10 PM
any p45 builds fofif5792 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 1 09-09-2008 12:47 PM
OSX "builds" Richard Barrie Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 2 10-18-2004 08:37 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com