Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Pro Tools is NOT visible when I click on the Icon

First of all I am a windows user, so I am pretty much clueless about macs. But I have been having alot of problems with my PC and Laptop(which I am selling because it doesn't work with Pro Tools). I just bought an IMac G5 17" Mac OS X 10.4.2. I ordered Pro tools 6.9.2. After setting up my Mac last night, I installed Pro tools. But when I click on the icon to open it, the Icon appears in the toolbar thing down on the bottom of the screen and up top on that toolbar It says Pro tools 6.9. The problem is though that there is no application that I can see. It's like it should be open but it's invisible or something.

Like I said, I am clueless about MAC's, so is there something that i'm doing wrong or have anyone else had this problem? Any help is appreciated. thanks.!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools is NOT visible when I click on the Icon

Welcome to the macintosh world. Mac applications don't open in seperate windows the way the windoze os will. Everything is working fine. Go to the file menu and create a new session or open an existing one. Again, welcome.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:16 AM

Okay... just to get it straight. Because I'm at work right now stressing out. I uninstalled it before i came to work, hoping the problem would go away.

could you explain that a like to a little child? Please.

do you go to file menu first and do a new session before you open the application or what???
Old 08-19-2005, 06:23 AM

Well ok, since you asked for it:

1. Launch the application like you have been.

2. When the app is launched, go to the file menu.

3. Under the file menu, choose "new session" or "open session"

4. Once the session is open, you'll be on familiar ground.

Seriously though, it's pretty simple. Macintosh systems have a single menu bar that switches depending on which application is "up front" at that point. When nothing is running, you'll probably notice it says 'finder' up there, right? When PT is the front application, it will say 'Pro Tools' and you'll have a menu bar that has functions of PT in it. You'll get the hang of it after a few minutes.