Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Avid Answer Our 5 Questions On Pro Tools 10 & HDX - Is This Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheone View Post
Can you clarify that future versions of pro tools (11, 12 etc..) will have support for RTAS such as the 64 bit Avid Media Composer 6?
It has already been said that RTAS and TDM will not be in Pro Tools 11.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-04-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulym View Post
Hmmm - backup harddrive, uninstall PT9, install PT10, trash prefs, reinstall drivers, reformat harddrive, install drivers, install PT10, *be dazzled & amazed for 14 days*
I can see how that would make someone not want to try the PT10 14 day trial.

I will try it, but I will install it on another partition so I don't have to mess with my working partition.

Trying the demo wont make me want PT10 anymore than I already do. I want it, but I bought PT9 not even 6 months ago, and I dont feel I have gotten my money's worth out of 9 yet, so I'll hang on to that $300 for the PT10 upgrade and just wait for PT11 - as long as it is actually 64 bit and a reasonable price.

If a 64 bit PT is still years away and/or the upgrade to PT11 is insane, I'll skip it or chill until copies start showing up on ebay for 50% off. I'm in no hurry to update. My system is rock hard stable, and I can do any work I need to do or want to do.

PT10 looks great. But I value my $300 more than the PT10 update. I'd pay $99 to $150 for the crossgrade to 10, its just not worth $300 to me being that its a bridge version and was released less than a year after 9.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheone View Post
Can you clarify that future versions of pro tools (11, 12 etc..) will have support for RTAS such as the 64 bit Avid Media Composer 6?
Once Pro Tools transitions to 64bit, we will no longer support RTAS in the 64bit version.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Gutnik View Post
Once Pro Tools transitions to 64bit, we will no longer support RTAS in the 64bit version.
Thank you sir for making an appearance. It is reassuring to know someone of your caliber at Avid is taking the time to read our posts.

Obviously the general message about PT10 is getting through.

In light of the immense PT10 feedback, particularly on pricing, are you able to give a definitive answer as to whether or not Avid intends to re-access it's stance on this in order to sell many more copies?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 11-04-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Thank you sir for making an appearance. It is reassuring to know someone of your caliber at Avid is taking the time to read our posts.

Obviously the general message about PT10 is getting through.

In light of the immense PT10 feedback, particularly on pricing, are you able to give a definitive answer as to whether or not Avid intends to re-access it's stance on this in order to sell many more copies?
Happy to be here. We are reading and listening to the feedback. For example, we made a quick correction on the Standard Support Plans when we realized many customers had no idea these existed, and even some dealers were really out of the loop. So we backdated the qualification to anyone who has Pro Tools HD 9 until the end of the year.

At this time, I have nothing else to report on pricing. We believe the Support Plan for $599 and all that comes with it is a great deal for our professional customers and encourage you to take advantage of it. For less than $2 a day, you never have to worry about a Pro Tools upgrade again.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
We are reading and listening to the feedback.
Great, that is all I need to know right now. Your input is very much appreciated and I'm sure everybody who has any concerns will be glad to know that we have your ear.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 11-04-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Great, that is all I need to know right now. Your input is very much appreciated and I'm sure everybody who has any concerns will be glad to know that we have your ear.
Hi,

Have you been living under a rock for the past week

Max, bless him is doing a sterling job of communicating with the public, but his hands are tied!! Greatly constructed answers, but its all hot air. Those above him are still not grasping it? The masses will not be buying the $600 support plan! We've always paid around $300-$350 for new version upgrades, and thats on HD, non HD has been much cheaper! so a back door doubling in price isn't going to wash! Then from January back up to $1000 to upgrade.

I've emailed 2 uk dealers and they still have no clue and gave me 2 different prices! And those prices were far more expensive for than a simple upgrade online. Yes I've always upgraded from US sites and saved but the UK prices for the support plan is well over £400 and the upgrade price is £750

You keep wrincing us HD owners for much higher prices whilst you keep giving ALL the same features to no HD! Oh and the good news is our Hardware isn't supported from PT 11

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Happy to be here. We are reading and listening to the feedback. For example, we made a quick correction on the Standard Support Plans when we realized many customers had no idea these existed, and even some dealers were really out of the loop. So we backdated the qualification to anyone who has Pro Tools HD 9 until the end of the year.

At this time, I have nothing else to report on pricing. We believe the Support Plan for $599 and all that comes with it is a great deal for our professional customers and encourage you to take advantage of it. For less than $2 a day, you never have to worry about a Pro Tools upgrade again.
Max that's great for people that upgraded to PT9HD and I would happily go for it at that price even without the support plan. However many of us did not upgrade to PT9 as we felt there were no advantages over PT8 for those of us working in post.

We are loyal users and many of us have been PT users for years but now we feel we are being penalized for not buying software that we didn't need.

There have been countless posts on the DUC highlighting this issue and not one has been addressed. PLEASE CAN YOU ADDRESS THIS ISSUE?

Al
Old 11-04-2011, 02:34 AM

Quote:
I have the full version of Structure, and have thought about upgrade to the instrument expansion pack. Will Structure, Strike and Velvet (et al) be ported into a 64bit format for use with PT11 (or whichever version is 64 bit), or are they EOL (end of life) now?
Old 11-04-2011, 02:52 AM

Wink Re: Avid Answer Our 5 Questions On Pro Tools 10 & HDX - Is This Enough?

Sorry Max, I appreciate things are tricky, but your answers are just the same shinfo we've been hearing for the last week, skating around the topic whilst trying to give us the same corporate spiel that's come from the top.

Have you considered a career in politics?
Closed Thread