Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-19-2008, 07:41 PM

Default How to turn all Event Markers into Warp Markers ???

I've searched the PT7.4 manual for a shortcut to turn all Elastic Audio Event markers in to fixed Warp markers, but cant find anything other than going through and manually converting them.

I've found EA to be extremely useful for vocal alignment but it gets really tedious when you have to go and anchor every damn event marker to stop things from moving around wildly. It'd be nice if the Event marker i move is anchored by the two Event markers on either side, without having to separate every single section.

Does anyone know of a way - or if there isn't, Digi could you make a shortcut so that Event markers in a selected area to automatically convert to Warp markers?

fman
Old 04-19-2008, 08:11 PM

Default Re: How to turn all Event Markers into Warp Markers ???

Quote:
It'd be nice if the Event marker i move is anchored by the two Event markers on either side, without having to separate every single section.

Does anyone know of a way - or if there isn't, Digi could you make a shortcut so that Event markers in a selected area to automatically convert to Warp markers?

fman
Hold down the SHIFT key when you click a marker... it warps the markers on either side, and the one you click.. anchors away. It turns into a habit and keeps the amount of warp markers down to the ones you need. You can also experiment with the Quantize Audio settings, and that can add warp markers through the whole selection... if that fits your workflow. SB
Old 04-20-2008, 07:21 AM

When I make audio elastic, I get warp markers each and every place that an event marker fell on a tempo change. For example, if there is a parabolic deceleration from 120 to 100 bpm occurring over 2 bars, all event markers in that 2 bar range will also be warp markers - everywhere outside that 2 bar range event markers will, as you suggest, not be a warp marker.

Since, as I understand it, quantitize functions don't require warp markers but only event markers, possibly it makes sense to limit the generation of warp markers. I suppose we'd be more prone to dragging a warp marker in the timeline unintentionally. They are crowded together quite closely at times.

John Caldwell
Old 04-20-2008, 07:32 AM

BTW - there are now 4 new videos (Digidesign TV) where Phil use elastic audio to edit multi-tracked drums.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:53 AM

Try quantizing the region, but set the percentage field to 1%. you will create warp markers everywhere, and the effect of the "quantization" will be essentially nonexistent......
Old 04-25-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Try quantizing the region, but set the percentage field to 1%. you will create warp markers everywhere, and the effect of the "quantization" will be essentially nonexistent......
Nice trick. Someone's thinking.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
And after that select the region in warp mode and right click it and choose "Remove Warp" the warp markers will stay - but the warp is gone....
Old 04-26-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And after that select the region in warp mode and right click it and choose "Remove Warp" the warp markers will stay - but the warp is gone....
Even better!!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 07:21 AM

Dont credit me for it - I found it either in the 741 read me or under leopard compatibility. The info came from Digidesign. Nevertheless - a very valuable piece of information
Old 04-26-2008, 08:31 AM

And for me, sometimes a 1% quantize is not enough. I've seen 2% work better than 1%.

STeve