Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 07:13 PM

Default HD Core card to Accel card flex cable in Dell 670

Is the flex cable diagram for that came with the HD Core and Accel cards wrong? On the compatibility page it shows the PCI slot assingments for the HD Core card and Accel card but the adendum page that came with the card shows them in different positions (one card relative to the other, not where they go in the slots). Am I supposed to just make sure it goes from Port "B" on the Core card to Port "A" on the Accel card?

Also, are there any other "gotchas" that aren't part of the current installation instructions, BIOS configurations, and software settings for the Dell 670 Workstation and an HD Accel 2 system?

Thanks,
Brian K
Old 01-13-2006, 12:03 AM

Default Re: HD Core card to Accel card flex cable in Dell 670

Hi!
Typically, the alot order is AGP, PCI #1, PCI #2, PCI #3, etc.
If the video card in the AGP presents no obstructions, and has comfortable distance from the card intended for PCI slot #1, then the HD Core would go in slot #1. I *think* there may be a motherboard or so out there with a reversed slot order. Probably wrong on that one tho..

I recall a dagram that showed things backward. I could not remember where I'd seen it, but swore I did- glad someone else has now too!

The HD Core card goes in first, followed by Accel cards, and finally, original HD Process (if any). The cards themselves pass inf OUT thru Port B, and receive from Port A (think of A as In, and B as Out). Be careful with the ribbon cables! They aren't thin glass fragile, but they are not "let's see...bend liek this...no...maybe bend like so...hmmm...thats not right...maybe bend like...ahhh sh17zus r gr8 dogs..."

If working with PT7, no gotchas I can think of...but I have no personal experience with that motherboard/system. If you find any issues, please come on back and ask!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:01 AM

Default Re: HD Core card to Accel card flex cable in Dell

Quote:
"ahhh sh17zus r gr8 dogs..."
I just love this high level of technical discussion

http://www.badrap.org
Old 01-13-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
"ahhh sh17zus r gr8 dogs..."
I just love this high level of technical discussion
Who me? Nahhhh!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:55 PM

Running the Dell 670 PT 7. No issues on install.